This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
Onyinyeonuoha Aokoli3 Kingigwilo Oby Ezeilo
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
We belong to Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
AfricanWiki Choral User Group
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
Are you searching for an online free African hymns or music ? Are you looking for African arrangement or media file? If so, WikiAfrica Choral is for you. WikiAfrica Choral is an online hymn and worship music database for African music lovers, hymnologists, and amateur hymn lovers alike. It is a repository of hymns and music where one can search or browse hymns by title, tune, meter, key, scripture reference, and more.
Music is food for the soul, it helps to cure depression and mental alleviation. Creating AfricanWiki Choral User Group will help to get African music, hymns, chants, folks, dramatic music, sofas, staffs, dynamics, notations, sacred music , harmony etc that are going into extinction into open source platform ( AfricanWiki Choral page).
Creating AfricanWiki Choral page/ User Group will help choirsters, musicians and musicologists to contribute free materials to AfricanWiki Choral platform.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
We intend to follow these steps for the success of this project;
- 1. Inauguration of AfricanWiki Choral User Group
- 2. There will be 4 physical training of choirsters, musicians and musicologists.
- 3. Edit a ton
- 4. Contest
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
1. Inauguration of AfricanWiki Choral User Group- This will help the targeted audience to understand that there is space for them to contribute.
- 2. There will be physical training of choirsters, musicians and musicologists- This plan to teach the participants how to contribute to the platform.
- 3. Edit a ton- This will enable them practice what they learnt.
- 4. Contest- This will make them to contribute more while struggling to win the prizes.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
Onyinyeonuoha- The founder of AfricanWiki Choral and Wiki Loves Names. She is also the Documentation Specialist for EduWiki Outreach Collaborator Team and a member of Wikimedians Igbo User Group. Onyinye is a volunteer, she is not a paid staff. Certified Education Green House Program
Aokoli3- A Co-founder AfricanWiki Choral, a music director and also a member of Igbo User Group
Kingigwilo- A music director and a member of Igbo User Group
Oby Ezeilo- She is a choir mistress and a member of Igbo User Group .Obiageli Ezeilo Co Founder Igbo Wikimedia User Group
Certified Trainer Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom
Certified Education Green House Program
Founder Igbo Wiki Fan Club Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Founder Wiki Club Federal Government Girls College Bwari Abuja
Program Co-ordinator Wikimedia Nigeria User Group Abuja Network
Project Facilitator Wiki vibrance Nigeria
CEO Igbo Language and Culture Institute
I have carried out different community outreach, trainings and Edit a thon
Juror for during the decolonization of the internet organized by User group Nigeria in partnership with Gothe institute
Founding member and Movement Charter Ambassador for Wiki for senior citizens
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Content Gender gap, Geography, Language, Cultural background, ethnicity, religion, racial
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
This will help to restore African music that are going into extinction, promote African culture and music and enrich AfricanWiki Choral platform. It will be a repository of African music, hymns, chants, folks and dramatic music.
At the end of this project there will be : An increase in the content in Igbo hymns, chants etc attract contributors to contribute to Igbo Chorals. There will be an increase awareness of Wikimedia and it's sister’s projects to the new members.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Culture, heritage or GLAM , Advocacy, Open Technology, Diversity
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Geographic , Ethnic/racial/religious or cultural background, Disabilities, Linguistic / Language
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
For the maiden edition, we are targeting Igbo Choirsters in South- Eastern part of Nigeria to motivate knowledgeable individuals to contribute Igbo music, chants, hymns etc that is becoming outdated to AfricanWiki Choral platform.
We will spread out information to all choir groups, our hubs and fan clubs with e-flyer through our various channels of communication eg facebook, twitter, linkedin, whatsaap platforms and emails, face- to - face and word of mouth. Also, we will advertise this on our social media channels.
A whatsapp group will be created prior to the training where prospective contributors will be added, after the training for further mentoring.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
Having 4 physical training is a way to ensure equitable contribution. This will enable those who have digital skills and those who don't to be on the same page.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
Prior to drafting of this proposal, we had a meeting with the stakeholders in Igbo Wikimedians User Group the choir organizations and briefed them on this project.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- This will expose the newbies about Wikipedia and it's sisters projects too.
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Invest in Skills and Leadership Development, Innovate in Free Knowledge
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
Will the User Group be sustainable?
How will this training be a success?
Will the participant feel comfortable and contribute actively to AfricanWiki Choral compared to Wikipedia?
How many chorals will be added?
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics
|Number of Event
|There will be 4 physical trainings for choirsters, musicians and musicologists
|These includes Onitsha Archdiocesan Choir, regional choir, deanary choir, pentecostal and Anglican communication chior
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants
|The total number of participants is expected to be 40, all of them are new participants.
|Number of editors
|All participants are expected to contribute to AfricanWiki Choral platform
|Number of organizers
|There are four organizers from IG Wiki;
Achukwu Onyinye Jane - Facilitator/Team Lead, Anthony Okoli- Facilitor, Ikenna Igwilo- Technical support, Oby Ezeilo- Technical support
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
100 chorals will be added to AfricanWiki Choral platform.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
We will use Outreach Dashboard to track the metrics
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).