This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
Sanusi Gado Usman Ahmad Isa Muhammad Idriss Criteria
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Hausa Wikimedian User Group
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Hausa Wikipedia Vital Articles
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
Alots of Hausa Wikipedia articles are articles outside the scope of aboriginal Hausa topics such as literatures, cultures, places, cuisine among other vital topics. This is a project that will inspire Hausa Wikimedians in writing articles on these vital topics. https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vital_articles
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
- A lot of Hausa Wikimedians including experienced editors are not aware that Hausa Wikipedia lacks articles around vital topics and these leads to low page views from these Wiki
- Most are not aware that they can write articles about their surrounding environment, places, arts and cultures, myths, geographies among others
- There are little articles about topics such as, geography; history, artists, writers, cities (ancient and current), arts and cultures of Hausa communities
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
1). We'll be delivering workshops via: a) online where every Hausa Wikimedian will be invited to attend a session for training on zoom and highlighting important topics to be added and b). offline sesssion for face to face training for available ediitors and engagement into WIkimedia activities and motivation on how to contribute to the free encyclopedia 2). A general editathon will be organized for wikimedians to write articles about these vital topics following the Wikimedia guidelines 3) Contest page will be created on Hausa Wikimedia Talkpage https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vital_articles
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
I Uncle Bash007 will lead the project with the aid of other experience editors like Sanusi Gado, Muhammad Idriss Criteria and Usman Ahmad Isa
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Geography, Language, Other global topics for impact (topics considered to be of global importance), Cultural background, ethnicity, religion, racial
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
Vital articles as noted are a driving agent that increases page views of any Wiki, thus Hausa Wikipedia lacks these vital articles. Hence, this project will focus around creating such important articles about Hausa Localiy
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Culture, heritage or GLAM , Diversity
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Geographic , Linguistic / Language, Age
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
The target participants are Hausa Wikimedians from Hausa communities. A call for participation and workshops will be organized before the contest. New participants will be added to our already existing groups on social media handles
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
We will strictly follow the Wikimedia Friendly Space Policy as well as the Universal Code of Conducts. We'll ensure that there is no discrimination of any sort
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
We have reported on Hausa Wikipedia talk page and on our group on Whatsapp https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Kofan_al%27umma#Gasar_Rubuta_Muhimman_Mukalai_a_Harshen_Hausa_da
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Improve User Experience, Manage Internal Knowledge, Identify Topics for Impact
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
I want to see that vital articles are created on this Wiki and page views are increased and hence through the following questions
- Are there enough articles on vital topics on Hausa Wikipedia?
- Is your locality, culture, myths, literatures and prominent people present on Hausa Wikipedia
- Being a native Hausa Speaker, are you satisfied with the number of vital articles on Hausa Wikipedia?
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics
|Total Number of vital articles created on Hausa Wikipedia
|Number of topics covering literatures
|Vital Arts and Culture
|Number of articles about arts and Cultures
|Nuumber of articles covering geographies
|25 articles of Hausa scholars/writers will be created or improved
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants
|Number of editors
|Number of organizers
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
- We'll use the hashtag tool in measuring contributions made on these topics
- A page will be created on meta where all participants will record there contributions
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).