This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
username:آية تاج الدين Aya will be a co-organiser of the workshop, she is one of the participants in Wikipedian Editor Project in previous workshops.
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
I am a member of leadership development working group, member of Egyptian wikimedian user group and Arabic wikimedia user group, an invited member in wikimedia Levant and the founder of Wikipedian Editor Project.
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
WikipedianEditorProject's Event about WikiForHumanRights
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
The main initiatives that this event supports are Content Initiatives in Underrepresented Communities and Bridging Content Gaps. The 1st phase of this event aims to reach medical students, educate them how to use wikidata, how to search and add references, and how to relate between our medical study and wikiprojects. Medical students hear a lot of negative points about wikipedia and have little knowledge about sister projects so this event aims to make medical students aware of wikimedia projects and how they can make the best use of them and how much their medical contributions based on references are very valuable. Moreover, this event will focus on the medical gap on wikidata and will focus on the theme of WikiForHumanRights campaign; pollution and biological diversity, to make connections between microbiology and parasitology and how they affect our health. On the other hand, the 2nd phase of the event, which will be an online webinar for all the Arabic speaking community about the same topic as awareness, will be the first one of its type as there is no much awareness campaigns in Arabic Speaking Community about biological change and pollution, so it will be very helpful for the community.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
The main approaches are: Building the capacity of community members especially in the medical field, now in the Arabic community we are in need of contributors in the medical field. Editing in wikidata will make medical students aware of the role that wikimedia projects play in spreading free knowledge and will encourage them to contribute more especially that we will introduce many wikimedia projects for them not just wikidata.
Another approach is awareness about biological change and pollution and their effect on the environment, it will be the first one of its type as there are not many awareness campaigns in the Arabic Speaking Community about biological change and pollution, so it will be very helpful for the community.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
To accomplish WikiForHumanRights campaign here in Egypt, Wikipedian Editor Project wants to hold a two phases-event event; the first phase is a physical workshop in March for medical students and the second one is an online webinar in April for all the Arabic Speaking Community. The 1st phase: will be as a collaboration between Wikipedian Editor Project (a project founded in late 2019 to teach volunteers how to edit on Wikipedia then its vision became wider to involve other sister projects as well, such as Wikimedia commons, wiki source and wikidata) and Alexandria Students' Scientific Association (which is a branch of IFMSA in Alexandria Faculty of medicine). this partnership is not the first one, in 2020, there was a physical workshop as a collaboration between ASSA, Wikimedia Levant and Wikipedian Editor Project, you can find the link on meta here. Another collaporation was on 2021 as an online workshop because of COVID-19. and a third collaboration between ASSA and wikipedian Editor Project was to held a workshop for WikiForHumanRights on April 2021 to teach participants how to edit on Wikipedia and to create articles about health and climate change, you can find the link on Arabic Wikipedia The one for this year will be the first one of their type; the first wikidata workshop to be held in Egypt, and the first workshop will try to emerge the research skills and the medical knowledge of the students from one side and enriching wikidata on the other side. We will try to shed light on the pathogens that exist in the world, especially in the MENA region, and how they affect our health. This will be by discussing with medical students the pathogens they know and ask them to search more (so we will improve their skills on research and invest in their interest in medical research) so that we can document all these information on Wikidata supported by scientific papers (evidence based medicine)
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
Wikipedian Editor Project (represented by me and Aya, a former participant in Wikipedian Editor Project now she has the experience to edit and teaching other how to contribute on wiki projects, moreover, she studies pharmacology which will help us in organizing the content and in reaching the students in their faculty also) In the 1st phase, both of us will share in facilitating the session, follow up the participants on WhatsApp group to help them and answer their questions. Furthermore, we will prepare the social media posts and help in sharing them, prepare the certificates, make the deal of the mugs and stickers (the souvenirs that will be provided for participants)
ASSA will facilitate a hall in Alexandria Faculty of medicine for us, share the event in all social media accounts and support us with dealing of mugs, stickers and certificates (they used to do things like that in different events so they will help)
In the 2nd phase, WikiForHumanRights Campaign’s local organiser, Sandra, will help us to deal with GreenPeace to provide an online webinar for all Arabic speaking community.
all these activities will be supervised by the organizers of WikiForHumanRights Campaign.
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Geography, Socioeconomic Status, Other global topics for impact (topics considered to be of global importance)
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Human Rights, Climate Change and sustainability
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Socioeconomic status, Age
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
We will create a facebook event page and share it on ASSA's and Wikipedian Editor Project's social media pages to reach medical students in Alexandria university. We will create a whatsapp group for participants to follow them up and answer their questions. For the online webinar, we will also share the webinar information in the formal social media channels for Arabic wikipedia to reach the Arabic speaking community.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
We will remind the participants of the physical event of the code of conduct. And in the online webinar we will share the link of the universal code of conduct with them.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
I will share this proposal with Arabic wikipedia village pump, and I already have shared this proposal with some of the members of the Arabic community.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- The online webinar may be a collaboration with other initiatives in the Arabic community to reach more people, but the 1st phase which is a physical workshop cannot be with other leaders.
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
Yes, 1st phase:will be a collaboration between Wikipedian Editor Project (a project founded in late 2019 to teach volunteers how to edit on Wikipedia then its vision became wider to involve other sister projects as well, such as Wikimedia commons, wiki source and wikidata) and Alexandria Students' Scientific Association (which is a branch of IFMSA in Alexandria Faculty of medicine). This partnership is not the first one, in 2020, there was a physical workshop as a collaboration between ASSA, WMLevant and Wikipedian Editor Project, Another collaboration was in 2021 as an online workshop for COVID-19. and 3rd collaboration between ASSA and Wikipedian Editor Project was to hold a workshop for WikiForHumanRights in 2021 to teach participants how to edit Wikipedia and to create articles about health and climate change, ASSA will facilitate a hall in Alexandria Faculty of medicine for us, share the event in all social media accounts and support with dealing of mugs, stickers and certificates
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Improve User Experience, Identify Topics for Impact
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
-organise a workshop about wikidata (there is no wikidata workshops in Egypt)
- Make best use of the medical knowledge of the students and their interest of research
- Make medical students aware about the role of wikimedia projects in spreading free knowledge
- Increase the number of contributors in the medical field
- Increase the awareness of the Arabic community about the biological diversity and pollution and how they affect our environment.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
|Wikidata Items||More than 20 Items added to wikiData||20|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
- 50 participants at least in the online webinar
|Number of participants|
|Number of editors||50|
|Number of organizers||2|
|Wikidata||Element, more than 20 New element||20|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
We will know the number of participated individuals by documenting their attendance physically or in the webinar. We will know the inputs on wikidata by tracking participants through a google sheet and links inserted inside.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).