Project Grants will be reviewed by a volunteer committee.
Invitations for Project Grants committee will begin in April 2016.
The committee always has at least 15 members. Each member each serves either a six- or twelve-month term:
- Lluis tgn
- Netha Hussain
- Reasonable facility with English, for reviewing and discussing grant proposals.
- Experience with the Wikimedia movement, and at least one Wikimedia project.
- Experience with Wikimedia programs.
- Understanding of diversity, including cultural, linguistic, and gender differences.
- Commitment to the Friendly Space Expectations, and to engaging in supportive dialogue with applicants and grantees.
- Consistent record of constructive engagement in community discussions, and an orientation toward collaborative problem solving.
Desired (but not strictly needed):
- Experience leading, coordinating, or managing projects with an intended on-wiki or online impact.
- Background in handling externally provided money and working within budgets, preferably in a non-profit context.
- Have applied for grants or worked in grant programs (in the Wikimedia, academic, or wider non-profit world).
Other criteria notes:
- Members may apply for a Project Grant themselves, but they will recuse themselves from reviewing proposals in the same category as their own during that round.
- Members may serve concurrently on this committee in addition to the Simple APG committee and the Conference & Travel Support committee. They may not serve on both the Funds Dissemination Committee and the Project Grants Committee.
- Current staff of chapters or the Wikimedia Foundation can participate on this committee in a volunteer capacity.
Would you like to join the committee? Add yourself to the list of candidates here!
If you meet the criteria, you can join the committee until it is full. We currently have space on the committee!