Grants:Project/MSIG/Anass Sedrati/Regional Hubs/Report
Please respond to the following questions below:
Where have you published your draft plan? Share the link to it here:
- The draft plan/report is published at the following Meta page.
What Movement Strategy initiative is this draft plan supporting?
- The draft plan is supporting Initiative 25: Regional & thematic hubs, with a specific focus on Regional hubs.
What activities have you completed to produce this draft plan?
- The project was carried out during July and August 2021. It resulted on a report with three main parts, connected with each other. The first part regards a survey related to how do the MENA communities see the regional hubs, and what they would like to have in their context. Part 2 summarizes the results and presents suggestions and proposals, while the third part presents next steps and an opening to generalize the results for the whole movement. The activities that were completed to produce the draft plan were the following::
- Activity 1: Survey preparation and dissemination within the community
- Activity 2: Gather survey results and schematize them in different Graphs
- Activity 3: Conduct in-depth interviews with interested Wikimedians
- Activity 4: Synthetizing the information and write the report
- This activity includes translation of interview/survey material from Arabic to English
- Activity 5: Administrative tasks
- Communication with communities and meetings preparation
- grant report and closing
- Results sharing - report publication
- Activity 6: Translation
- The report is also available in Arabic (as it is the main target community).
In which community channels have you announced your draft plan?
- This proposal was be shared with community on the Arabic village pump, as well as with affiliates and volunteers. Email exchanges and communications can be shared upon request.
Grant funds spent
The full requested amount of the grant was spent, by performing the work, at a rate of 250 SEK/hour. The details of the invoice are the following:
- Research (time needed to review, perform analysis, or investigate any information needed to support implementation ideas or planning): 14.000 SEK (7 days * 8 hours = 42 hours, at a rate of 250 SEK/hour)
- Coordination (coordinator work to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare for meeting): 2.000 SEK (1 days * 8 hours = 8 hours, at a rate of 250 SEK/hour)
- Bank Transfer Fee : 50 SEK
TOTAL: 16.050 SEK
- Translation (translation costs for briefs and global materials): Will be done with the support of the Arabic-speaking members of the strategy team, as the other work already exceeded the requested amount.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?