Grants:Project/Nattes à chat/Les sans pagEs/Final
Welcome to this project's final report! This report shares the outcomes, impact and learnings from the grantee's project.
Part 1: The Project
Important: The Wikimedia Foundation is no longer collecting Global Metrics for Project Grants. We are currently updating our pages to remove legacy references, but please ignore any that you encounter until we finish.
- In the first column of the table below, please copy and paste the measures you selected to help you evaluate your project's success (see the Project Impact section of your proposal). Please use one row for each measure. If you set a numeric target for the measure, please include the number.
- In the second column, describe your project's actual results. If you set a numeric target for the measure, please report numerically in this column. Otherwise, write a brief sentence summarizing your output or outcome for this measure.
- In the third column, you have the option to provide further explanation as needed. You may also add additional explanation below this table.
|Planned measure of success
(include numeric target, if applicable)
Looking back over your whole project, what did you achieve? Tell us the story of your achievements, your results, your outcomes. Focus on inspiring moments, tough challenges, interesting anecdotes or anything that highlights the outcomes of your project. Imagine that you are sharing with a friend about the achievements that matter most to you in your project.
- This should not be a list of what you did. You will be asked to provide that later in the Methods and Activities section.
- Consider your original goals as you write your project's story, but don't let them limit you. Your project may have important outcomes you weren't expecting. Please focus on the impact that you believe matters most.
If you used surveys to evaluate the success of your project, please provide a link(s) in this section, then briefly summarize your survey results in your own words. Include three interesting outputs or outcomes that the survey revealed.
Other : final remarks from geographical groups
We had planned to organize 3 edit-a-thons + 1 workshop around female youtubers and wikipedia + "keep in touch" with other Les sans pagEs groups
"3 editathons : create a local movement"
- 2 edit-a-thons on "Women and Science" and "Women and Astronomy" with our partner La Casemate (04/25/2018 and 03/08/2019)
- 1 edit-a-thon on the Gender Gap within the #EllesFest festival with our partner Le Magasin des Horizons (09/08/2018)
- 1 mini-edit-a-thon about "Juliette Bertho" (female film director from Grenoble) with the Cinémathèque of Grenoble (11/21/2018)
We managed to get a range of Grenoble actors aware of the Gender Gap issue and establish links for the future.
"Workshop : Women on Wikipedia through Women on Youtube"
This project coulnd't be organized because of a series of reasons :
- personal reasons took time out of my agenda and this project demanded a lot of organizationnal work
- our main partner (La Casemate), which was supposed to host it, had their venue burned down by a criminal fire (still not fixed after one year and a half)
- the WikiConvention Francophone took place in Grenoble (WMFrance announced it only after the grant was confirmed), which took energy from the local group and saturated the calendar for partners
Fortunately, a new Les sans pagEs group ("Méditerranée") was created in the meantime, and the remaining of our funds could be transfered to them.
I still hope we can make such an event happen in the future, maybe gathering more partners in order to have everything properly financed (including organizational work).
Keeping in touch
- I (Opsylac) could participate in two edit-a-thons, one in Paris and one in Sion.
- I was trained to use the dashboard instruments at the WikiConvention
- Aude, other user from Grenoble, participated in the MAMCO edit-a-thon in Geneva.
Description / History
2017 : Beginning within the framework of the GLAM agreement between the Hérault Departmental Archives and Wikimedia France The Women and Feminism (Hérault) Contribution Workshops on Wikipedia are offered by the Hérault Departmental Archives, It is a friendly moment, each person brings what they want to eat and drink for a shared meal. Wikipermamence of February 6, 2017 Wikipermamence of February 6, 2017 Wikipermamence of February 6, 2017
2018 : Increasing skills The workshops "femmes et féminisme (Hérault)" is an event proposed as part of the partnership between the Hérault Departmental Archives, Wikimedia France and Montpel'libre. These workshops aim to bridge the gender gap, make women more visible in Wikipedia and bring more women into the contribution. It is a time slot where people gather to discover Wikipedia, write, edit, translate or illustrate an article. Participants can either create an account on Wikipedia in advance, or create one the same day, and come (if possible) to the Wikipermanence with a computer. The space has a few computer workstations but you should not hesitate to bring your own equipment. The Archives offers documentary files ready to be used to feed existing pages or to create new ones, but all proposals for articles and biographies are welcome. The idea is to write about what affects us first and foremost.
September 2018 : Participation in the creation of a group specific to the Mediterranean : lsp med The Hérault Departmental Archives wanted to join the movement of those without Mediterranean pages. The event is then always proposed as part of the partnership between the Hérault Departmental Archives, Wikimedia France and Montpel'libre. In the form of wikipermanences, the stated objective is to help bridge the gender gap, make women more visible in Wikipedia and bring more women into the contribution. The new title of the wikipermanence is "History of women in the Hérault". The Archives offers documentary files ready to be used to feed existing pages or to create new ones, but all proposals for articles and biographies are welcome.
2019 : Setting up Archiwiki Matrimoine workshops The Hérault Departmental Archives continue their participation in the movement of the non-Mediterranean pagEs, and maintain the holding of recurrent workshops to help contribute to the history of Hérault women, taking the name "Archiwiki" from January 2019 onwards: understanding the contraction of the term Archives and Wiki. The Archives also confirms its place within the overall GLAM project (acronym for Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums). New in 2019: the workshops are held on the first Saturday of the month
- September 2016: signature of the Wikimedia France agreement and the Hérault Departmental Archives - GLAM project
- November 14, 2016: Wikimedia conference in pierresvives
- November 25, 2017 - 1st Editathon "Women and Feminism in Hérault" organized in pierresvives
- March 17 2018 - 2nd Editathon "Women of science" with Montpellier University, Montpel'libre, les sans pagEs and the Hérault Departmental Archives " at the University Library
- January-June 2018 - Monthly workshops in the form of wikipermanences "Women and Feminism in Hérault" organized in pierresvives, every first Tuesday of the month 6pm-9pm. As part of the SanspagEs project. Animation provided by Montpel'libre and the mediators of the Hérault Departmental Archives
- September-December 2018 - Monthly workshops in the form of wikipermanences "History of women in the Hérault" organized in pierresvives, every first Tuesday of the month 6pm-9pm. Within the framework of the project of the SanspagEs/Méditerranée. Animation provided by Montpel'libre
- January-July 2019 - Archiwiki Hérault workshops, every first Saturday of the month 10am-1pm. Alternating between the Archiwiki Patrimoine and the Archiwiki Matrimoine de l'Hérault (animation provided by the SanspagEs and the Hérault County Archives)
Assessment after 2 years of workshops
- 40 items created
- About twenty wikipedien.ne s trained in the contribution
- A Wikipedia woman trained to train and supervise new contributors, and elected to the Board of Directors of Wikimedia France in November 2019
Is there another way you would prefer to communicate the actual results of your project, as you understand them? You can do that here!
Methods and activities
Please provide a list of the main methods and activities through which you completed your project.
Please provide links to all public, online documents and other artifacts that you created during the course of this project. Even if you have linked to them elsewhere in this report, this section serves as a centralized archive for everything you created during your project. Examples include: meeting notes, participant lists, photos or graphics uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, template messages sent to participants, wiki pages, social media (Facebook groups, Twitter accounts), datasets, surveys, questionnaires, code repositories... If possible, include a brief summary with each link.
The best thing about trying something new is that you learn from it. We want to follow in your footsteps and learn along with you, and we want to know that you took enough risks in your project to have learned something really interesting! Think about what recommendations you have for others who may follow in your footsteps, and use the below sections to describe what worked and what didn’t.
What worked well
What did you try that was successful and you'd recommend others do? To help spread successful strategies so that they can be of use to others in the movement, rather than writing lots of text here, we'd like you to share your finding in the form of a link to a learning pattern.
I've tried three times to build a learning pattern. 3 times i rewrote everything and everything was lost upon publishing. I dont have the time and energy to restart again, sorry.
- developping synergies among participants and create a sense of community around the francophone gender gap issue
- the number of events, pubished articles and press review
- Your learning pattern link goes here
What didn’t work
What did you try that you learned didn't work? What would you think about doing differently in the future? Please list these as short bullet points.
- budgeting by geographical group turned out to be time consuming, difficult to enact remotely, and not flexible at all. Some groups are very active and develop finacial needs whereas others were not able to fulfil the objectives and we had to reallot the budgets to other geographical locations which took time and energy.
- we did not manage to write quality articles, this objective was not met, because the project worked so well that we were caught in activities of training newbies.
If you have additional recommendations or reflections that don’t fit into the above sections, please list them here.
Next steps and opportunities
Are there opportunities for future growth of this project, or new areas you have uncovered in the course of this grant that could be fruitful for more exploration (either by yourself, or others)? What ideas or suggestions do you have for future projects based on the work you’ve completed? Please list these as short bullet points.
Part 2: The Grant
Please copy and paste the completed table from your project finances page. Check that you’ve listed the actual expenditures compared with what was originally planned. If there are differences between the planned and actual use of funds, please use the column provided to explain them.
DRAFT: it has not received final approval from Nattes à chat
|Expense||Approved amount||Actual funds spent||Difference|
|Nantes local group funding - CHF||2,028||1,448.80||- 579.20|
|Grenoble local group funding - CHF||505||684.55||+ 179.55|
|Paris local group funding - CHF||1,507||1,994.97||+ 487.97|
|Sion local group funding - CHF||3,269||3,569.95||+ 300.95 variation under 10%|
|Mediterranean local group funding - CHF||3,095||4,526.98||+ 1,431.98 due to
1- wrong forecast as 2018 expenses reported lately when updating budget/expenses at 2018 review 2-actual costs of 1,500 CHF per half year. i.e. 4,500 spent over Grant duration
|Geneva local group funding - CHF||1,200||1,284.88||+ 84.88 variation under 10%|
|Web site - CHF||250||1,175.21||- 925.21 due to
1- annual cost underestimated (587 CHF per year) 2- renewal period in 2nd Qt --> two period considered over Grant duration
|Travel cost - CHF||7,486||8,013.67||+ 167.67 variation under 10%|
|Project manager - CHF||2,000||2,299.80||+ 299.80|
Do you have any unspent funds from the grant? No
Please answer yes or no. If yes, list the amount you did not use and explain why.
If you have unspent funds, they must be returned to WMF. Please see the instructions for returning unspent funds and indicate here if this is still in progress, or if this is already completed:
Please answer yes or no. If no, include an explanation.
Confirmation of project status
Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
Please answer yes or no.
Is your project completed? Yes
Please answer yes or no.
We’d love to hear any thoughts you have on what this project has meant to you, or how the experience of being a grantee has gone overall. Is there something that surprised you, or that you particularly enjoyed, or that you’ll do differently going forward as a result of the Project Grant experience? Please share it here!