Grants:Project/Rapid/A1/World classics in Ukrainian 2018/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes, surely! We introduce quite a significant amount of new free content and include a new city to our project.
I`m gratefull for an opportunity to work
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of total participants:
|apr. 300||about 300 participants visited our events.|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons:
30-60 audio and video
|apr.40, upload is in progress now||actually 28 from Otroshenko`s concert, 4 from Vinnytsia, 8 additional from Rachmaninov`s concert and 2 student`s performances|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Concerts arise more and more interest among poets and musicians. This energise me to plan more projects in this direction.
- What did not work so well?
- Organisation and than record processing took quite a lot of time. Though april and may was quite a difficult time for me in my job. Also a had some unexpected personal problems - troubles with my notebook, and some troubles with health.
- What would you do differently next time?
- I`ll try to reserve more time for the project. Also if speaking about amount of new files uploaded to commons, it is more effective to concentrate on a concepcion - for example one translator or one composer. So I`m thinking about returning to a model I used before with Chopin. This model grants me to take the defined set of new recordings and sheet scores. Luckily now we have many poets who could perform good translations under free licens. I want to devote next projects mainy to Schubert, author of 600 splendid songs, most of them was never sung in Ukrainian. Thogh will not completely exclude such experiments as student`s concerts. n any case it is necessary to envolve more and more singers. Even young singers, some years later they will be wonderfull.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|1||score preparing and printing||6000||6000||80 pages, 60 sheets in total|
|2||Hall rent||3000||0||This time we have troubles with Kyiv scientist`s hall, but we were lucky to collaborate with Composer`s union. It is free of charge for members of Composer`s Union.|
|3||Travel||1000||590||Kyiv-Vinnitsya-Kyiv for 3 persons who will take part in a concert there|
|4||Posters and booklets||1500||1800||for 3 events (600 per event)|
|4||Food and bavarages||1800||1950||for 3 events, Otroshenko`s concert, concert in Vinnytsia and student`s concert.|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, 2960 UAH (~110 USD). I will request for for rellocation of this money for a new project within World classic in Ukrainian. It will be devoted to Schubert`s and Beethoven`s music in ukrainian Translations. Some ideas for this project are published here. And the new proposal is here.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
Publications about concerts in Media:
- Максим Стріха Роздуми після концерту (до 80 річчя Отрошенка)//Газета «Культура і життя», №20, 18 травня 2018 , с.8-9
- У Вінниці вперше прозвучить світова класика українською // Вежа, 26 Квітня 2018
- This is Category in commons with videos and photo from Vinnytsia