Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- The goal of Wiki-agripo 1.0 was to share documented information on 500 endemic plants of Cameroon on Wikipedia through scholarships and group-editing by at least 10 participants. Overall, we are happy with the project because 12 contributors shared more than 633 articles and 569 photos related to plants of Cameroon. The participants have continued to add articles on tropical plants since the project ended.
- The project page w:fr:Projet:Plantes endémiques du Cameroun is online with related results.
Please report on your original project targets.
- Project metrics
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Minimum of 200 pages created||More than 633 pages created||Participants were very active in creating articles on all plants with available free-use information. An additional outcome is the 569 photos uploaded to illustrate articles on tropical and endemic plants in Cameroon|
|Minimum of 10 uploaders||12 uploaders involved||10 uploaders received scholarships and 2 additional uploaders were volunteers.|
|At least 10% reuse on Wikimedia projects||569 photos uploaded in commons. 14.5% reuse on Wikimedia projects.||At least 142 articles use uploaded photos.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- We had a lot of engaged participants communicating with each other about what articles they were writing and motivating one other by updating the group on how many articles they had written and how many photos they had used.
- Overall quality of the Cameroon portal continues to be improved. The Cameroon portal has 6963 articles now and it is the second portal in Africa after Algeria.
- Strong collaboration between two experienced Wikipedia users and our grassroots organisation with a motivated and committed network (platform management and regular oversight).
- What didn't work?
- Finding free-use information on endemic plants is complicated, as is finding examples of the endemic plants for photos. Therefore, participants had to collect bits of available information on Cameroon’s plants. It was a difficult task for beginners.
- What would you do differently next time?
- This project was far easier than our first Wikipedia project, due to the fact that we focused on the success of the first experience by developing a team of engaged participants and volunteers. This strategy was effective for our association and we will continue to invest in a small team consisting of a handful of engaged contributors who would get involved based on their focus of interest, impact and results.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Communication (bills 1 to 4)= 350 000 Fcfa ($633.50 USD)
- Travel (bills 5 & 6)= 200 000 Fcfa ($362 USD)
- Scholarships (receipt 7) = 500 000 Fcfa ($905 USD)
- Equipments (bill 8) = 601 400 Fcfa ($1088.23 USD)
Total: $2988.73 USD
NB: Grant was received in XAF and all expenses are paid in XAF (local currency in Cameroon). The exchange rate applied is 1 US$ = 552,64 XAF
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- No remaining funds.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- A new team of new contributors (different from the contributors of Agripo 1.0) are beginning to work on villages of the far north. The contributors of Agripo 1.0 who have better Wikipedia skills are helping to train the volunteers of Agripo 2.0 with specific needs in a turn over process that will facilitate follow-up on the project.