Grants:Project/Rapid/Afrocine Edit-a-thon 2020 in Botswana
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of 3 edit a thorns
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Meta and Telegram channel
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Malebogo Mogole
- Myself(Mompati Dikunwane)
- Masego Makuku
- Sediba Moela).
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will request to hire laptops for participants to use
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Follow up emails and social media platform (Telegram)
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events ; 3
- Number of participants ; 12
- Number of new editors ; 5
- Number of of articles created or improved ; 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) ; 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Laptops (Hire) = USD 50 x 8 laptops = 400 USD
- Banner/ Poster making charges = 100 USD
- Refreshments = 1 unit Drink (2$) x 12 = 24$ x 3 days = 72 Usd
- Snack boxes = 1 unit box (6$) x 12 = 72$ x 3 days of the events = 216$
- Covid 19 musks and Sanitizer = 12 USD(Package of sanitizer and musks) x 15 = 180 USD
- Miscellaneous (Projector rent, emergency, Bank charges/rates, logistics) = 280
- Local transportation = 100 USD
- Room for rent = 108 USD x 3 = 324 USD
- Certificate for the most contributed participants = 40 USD
Total = 1712 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!