Grants:Project/Rapid/After School Wikipedia Editing/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, I am happy with how my project went.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events: 6||6||A total of 6 events was held|
|Number of participants: 40||65||A total of 65 persons participated in the events|
|Number of Simple English Wikipedia articles created or improved: 15||18||18 articles was created|
|Number of English Wikipedia articles created or improved: 5||0||No English Wikipedia article was created|
|Number of Wikidata items created or improved: 50||186||186 Wikidata items was created|
|Number of repeat participants: 10||7||7 participants was repeat participants|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Providing free internet on participants devices encouraged participants to make edits in-between event days.
- Allowing the teachers to take charge of communication on WhatsApp group helped the students to feel involved in the project.
- What did not work so well?
- The number of events was too small to accommodate learning to contribute to 3 Wikimedia projects (simple English, English Wikipedia, Wikidata)
- What would you do differently next time?
- I would plan to give 4 event days per target project to allow the participants to have a good understanding since they are high school students.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|S/N||Item||Description||Amount Spent (NGN)||Amount Spent (USD)||Approved (USD)|
|1||Food and Drinks||Catering service for 3 days for 20 persons
in 2 schools
|2||Router rental||Router rental for 4 days||60,000||144.46||150|
|3||Data subscription on router||Data subscription on router||60,000||144.46||150|
|4||Back-up power supply (fuel for generator provided by school)||Back-up power supply (fuel for generator provided by school)||30,000||72.23||60|
|5||Branded shirts for two school teachers and the two principals||Branded shirts for two school teachers and the two principals||20,000||48.15||52|
|6||Branded nose mask||Branded nose mask||16,000||38.52||40|
|7||Pocket Hand Sanitizers||Pocket Hand Sanitizers||32,000||77.04||80|
|8||Internet Subscription on individual participant devices||Internet Subscription on individual participant devices||130,000||313.00||320|
|9||Gift voucher for overall top 3 contributors and the winner of Wikipedia mini quiz competition||Gift voucher for overall top 3 contributors and the winner of Wikipedia mini quiz competition||50,000||120.38||100|
|10||Local transport for faciliators||Local transport for faciliators||20,000||48.15||48|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?