Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Organize and work in current GLAM projects
- Plan future GLAM projects
- Scout for new possible GLAM partnerships
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community? Present a workshop on Commons/copyright at the National Library of Portugal, as part of the event Wikimedia Portugal is planning for 4 June; work locally the ongoing GLAM between Wikimedia Portugal and the National Library as well continue conversations with the institution in order to continue the cooperation; present a workshop on GLAM/Wikipedia/Commons at Vila Franca de Xira / Alverca for the staff of museums, libraries and cultural institutions of the region; met up with potential new GALM partners that will attend the event; meet up with the local community of wikipedians from Wikimedia Portugal at Lisbon;
2. If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Improve community & GLAM partners engagement and knowledge about the Wikimedia projects, in particular those Wikimedia Portugal is involved with.
3. How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Announcements onwiki, at the WMPT mailing lists, by direct mail to GLAM partners and other institutions we want to invite, and dissemination through our GLAM partners own channels.
4. How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- We keep in close contact, as we've been doing until now, especially in the cases where there's an ongoing GLAM, such as the National Library.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? I'll be organizing the events and meetings at the National Library with other members of Wikimedia Portugal, in particular Paulo Perneta, Ana Cravo, and Waldir Pimenta. More members may join, depending on their availability.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events
- Number of participants
- 70 to 100
- Number of people who will help organize the event
- At least 3-5, from Wikimedia Portugal, and a few more at the GLAM partners, the National Library and the Alverca/Vila Franca municipal museums
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 150€ travel expenses (Porto - Lisboa travel)
- 50€ meals /transportation
- 50€ lodging
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!