Grants:Project/Rapid/Aliyu shaba/Hausa Wikitionary Edit-a-thon
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed?.
- In this project we make sure to, Bring together Volunteers and we Recruit new editors in Hausa Wikitionary.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1.Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We Plans to hold two, Edit-a-thons and trainings in Kaduna metropolis and we will teach Hausa community how to edit and Contribute Hausa Wikitionary their quarter in developing Wikitionary and its community.
2.How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions?
- We would notify them through into social media, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp.
3.Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- User:Aliyu shaba I'm a presenter An editor in Hausa Wikipedia, Participates in Bibliography and citation of Hausa folklore Field researcher.
- User:anasskoko An experience editor with thousands of edit both in English and Hausa Wikipedia Organizer of online Hausa Wikipedia project Organizer Bibliography and Citation of Hausa folklore Event planner Third position winner in wikiGap
- User:Musa Vacho77 he is experience editor in wikipedia with much edit in Hausa Wikipedia he participate in Hausa Wikipedia awareness in Kaduna. he participate in online Hausa Wikipedia awareness project he the first position winner in decolonise the internet contest the third position winner in WPWP Hausa Wikipedia contest he have hundreds edit in hausa Wikipedia.
- User:Uncle Bash007 participated in Hausa Wikipedia Awareness and Bibliography and citations of Hausa folklore
4.Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes! Some of them they have experience, but the main reason behind of this projects is to exposed our local editors to Contribute Hausa Wikitionary
5.Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- In this Project will help new users and existent users to contribute hausa Wikitionary
6.Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events Two (2)
- Number of participants Twenty Five (25)
- Number of new editors Eight (8)
- Number of articles created or improved Twenty five (25)
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) N/A
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I'm Aliyu shaba an active Wikipedian contributing mostly to Hausa Wikipedia and English Wikipedia, I'm a presenter An editor in Hausa Wikipedia, Participates in Bibliography and citation of Hausa folklore.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Event space||2||98,973||197,946||520||Event space for urban kaduna|
|2||Food||25||3000×2||120,176||315.7||This is the tea break will cost for participants and Facilitators during the events|
|3||Router-Wifi with Data for Internet access||2||75,000 x 2||150,249||394.7||This is the amount of Router with Internet access for the two days events|
|4||Transportation for event facilitators and Participants from the events||10,000||50,095||131.6||This is the transportation of volunteers, before and during the events processing for the both two events|
|5||Banners||–||70,423||185||This is the Design of Banner to be used during the events|
|6||Certificates of participation||40||39,969||105||This is the amount of certificates for Participants who fully participate in the event will be awarded a certificate|
|7||Logo/Tags and T-Shirts for facilitators||12 shirts||-||72,204||190||This is for the facilitators|
|8||Total||700,003||1842||At the CBN rate of N380/$1|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!