Grants:Project/Rapid/Anasskoko/Audio and Video Edithathon in Wikimedia Commons/Report
- Did you meet your goals? Yes almost all.
- Are you happy with how the project went? Almost all our goals have been met, so participants and organizers have a wonderful moments together.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achived outcome||Explanation|
|1||Number of Audio and Video files to upload 400||429 audio and video files uploaded||This is the total files of audio and video uploaded.|
|2||Number of Audio and Video files to make use of 50||10 files are used||Note: The audios uploaded are to be use in Hausa Wikitionary, yet Hausa Wikitionary has only 1000+ words, so the audio files will be used when the words are created, the metrics can increase at any moment.|
|3||Existing editors = 25 to 30||30 participants total|
- Commons:Category:Audio and Video Edithathon in Wikimedia Commons by NCPUG
- Commons:Audio and Video Edithathon Event Images by NCPUG
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? Achieving our goals is one of the major key to the success of the events, audio files have been uploaded together with video files. Also, We have successfully engaged existing editors on how to upload Audio and Video upload into Wikimedia Commons for usage in Wikimedia Sister projects, also, we train existing editors on how to record audio files, convert those files to desired format needed in Wikimedia Commons (Audio .ogg and Video .webm), and to make use of those files to Wikimedia Sister projects. Participants learn a lot of skills on Audio and Video activities.
- What did not work so well? Some participants we expect to see didn't show up for the event unlike before, so we have train the present ones that showed up.
- Actually, we have some challenges during the time of this project. More especially health issues, Anas Adam have been away for almost 2 months, and I have been out of town where we lost Communication so I'm not fully aware of his sickness. I will have come back and finished the remaining work. That's what cause the major delay of the project report as we have talked and explain it to the grant team. And we are so happy and glad for understanding and being hearty of our well being. And also we are glad with the grant team for the extension of the report due to despite that it's known to them in a very short time.
- What would you do differently next time? We try as much as possible to make sure that next time participants attend the events on their convenient time, date and venue.
- The NCPUG Community now are fully engaged in this movement, now we want to take youth along by participating in Wikimania 2022, WikiVibrance with the theme International Youth Day. And the biggest project to come form NCPUG so far The Audio Sounds Speaks Campaigns. Whom will be international and with the hope to produce 1,000,000 sound across Wikimedia sister projects. It's going to be great and huge at the same time.
Gallery and event scenes
Example of videos uploaded
Lake Chad Abuja
Mashood Abiola National Stadium Abuja
Inside Mashood Abiola National Stadium Abuja
Log of tree
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|9||Food and sanacks||200,000|
|11||Branded T-Shirts and Merchandisers||90,000|
Do you have any remaining grant funds? No
Anything else you want to share about your project? We grab an idea of initiating WikiSound Audio Speaks Campaigns a result of this great project of Audio and Video files in Wikimedia Commons. A campaign that will help in providing audio files across all Wikimedia projects especially in Wikitionary. All that which we shall achieve in WikiSound Audio Speaks Campaign is as a result of this project on Audio files.