Grants:Project/Rapid/Art+Feminism2021 DRC (Lubumbashi) ISTAM Yves
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Developing the community
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Training : An introductory training and call for contributions to Wikipedia.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- through the WhatsApp group, Telegram group, Facebook page, community notification, mailing list and some posters.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- We have experienced writers to facilitate this training.
- Yves Madika
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- In terms of equipment, half of the participants will bring their PCs, which is why in the budget, we asked the foundation to help us rent the PCs for the rest of the participants for this event.
- During the two days of training, we will give participants the necessary skills to edit and improve Wikipedia articles.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- In order to engage the community to stay active after the event, face-to-face and online meetup will be organized, as well as Wikipermanence to meet new contributors and engage them in the community.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: ~25
- Number of new editors: +15
- Number of of articles created or improved: 20
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue : 125$ * 2 days = 250$
- Food: 250$ * 2 days = 500$
- Materials: 50$
- Communication: 50$
- Transport of participants: 100$ * 2 = 200$
- PC rental for 10 participants : 20$ * 2 days * 10 participants = 400$
- Miscellaneous (wire, logistic, ...): 100$
- Badge: 40$
- X-banner : 100$
- Booklets: 100$
- T-Shirt: 13$ * 15 = 195$
Total : 1985
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Art+Feminism endorses this project. 13ab37 (talk) 23:51, 9 February 2021 (UTC) on behalf of Art+Feminism User Group
- Support clickhere21 endorses this project. (talk) 18:18, 11 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support. I am looking forward to the outcome of this project. Mtheletter (talk) 22:57, 11 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Fernmother endorses this project. Fernmother (talk) 00:12, 12 February 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Rosa(SiC) (talk) 11:27, 23 February 2021 (CET)