Grants:Project/Rapid/Awards and photo exposition opening WLM Perú 2018
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Socialize with community members
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content with officials of National Heritage of Culture Ministry
- Engage existing editors
- Call to all wikimedian colaborators and WLM Perú participants, wikimedian user group meeting in Perú and officials of Culture Ministry.
- mount an itinerant photo exposition with the best 10 WLMPerú photos of 2016, 2017, and 2018 contests, and the 10 WLMWolrd photos 2018.
- Reward the best 10 photos and the top 10 contributors of the WLMPerú 2018 competition, and reward to the best 10 photos and the top 10 contributors of the WLM Perú 2017, and acknowledgment to the 10 photos and the top 10 contributors of the WLM 2016.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
This exposition will be the first organized in the Culture Ministry headquarters, the importance of this activity to arrive to big public is really big. We aproach the moment to incorporate new peoples to our Wikiedian User Group of Perú. It will serve to strengthen the links of the community from the action, organizing this exposition. At the same time with award ceremony of the participants of the contest WLMPerú 2018 and the opening of public exhibition of their work allow us to have a public activity with which we hope to draw attention of the media and cultural institutions and people who work about cultural heritage in Peru, specially in the National Heritage of Culture Ministry, and show them than Wikipedia offers possibilities for dissemination and care of cultural heritage. We also wish that this meeting will serve us as a starting point to achieve regular meetings with National Heritage of Culture Ministry to develop our potential projects in the better way.
2. If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
It is the first time that WLM’s exposition organized Culture Ministry of Peru, formerly a mettings with descentralized officers of Culture Ministry in some regions of Perú, specially, Arequipa, Cusco, Cajamarca, Ayacucho, Iquitos and Puno. We want to this meeting will serve as a starting point for better coordinations to next WLM Perú 2019 in a national range.
We have previously made a coordinations with regional offices of Natinal Heritage but they needed autorization from National Office in Lima. It’s possible that we have this authorization as result of this activity.
3. How will you let participants know about the meeting?
It is part of the WLM Peru process. We will announce the activity on our facebook and twitter profiles and through user profiles of each participant. Also we invite the authorities of the Ministry of Culture and the ministry officials that are part of the jury. The award ceremony and exhibition would be held in the archaeological complex Mateo Salado. All will be announced in press releases.
4. How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
We will follow-up on our mailing list and social media networks and new participants would be invited to co-manage this channels. Also, we present some projects for future activities in which guests can get directly involved. We have planed a presentation of article of Complejo Arqueológico Mateo Salado as result of some editathons about pre hispanic heritage in Lima. We have too coordinations with the library of Social Sciences Faculty of Universidad Católica to develop a editaton about this issues too.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
In Perú some wikimedians was organize some activities. However, with better planning and more resources, we hope to provide regular training, editing, and social activities to support our growing communities. Regular events will help build a sense of community and meet the needs of our more experienced editors. We have done one successful photowalk in the past. And we fund it by ourselves.
6. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
We will focus on photo exposition about national monuments that were photographed during the Wiki Loves Monuments in the national contest of 2016, 2017 and 2018 and international winners of WLM 2018. This content is important to our community because we have more or less 10% of national monuments in our country have Wikipedia articles about them. We are working in incorporate to wikimedia the first census of arqueological heritage and monumental heritage from Culture Ministry archives.
7. How will you let people know about the contest?
We will invite Wiki Loves Monuments participants to join the exposition by posting invitations on their user talk pages. We will send emails about the contest and exposition to our contacts. We will also use geolocated banners to advertise the contest to local Wikipedia readers, and promote it on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Also, the Culture Ministry that uses their social networks and contact with media to invite to this exposition.
8. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Our jury consists of 4 people related to art and culture in Lima - Peru, we are using Montage to define the winners. We expect to deliver the awards at the opening ceremony of the photo exhibition. Prizes will be a T-shirt for each of the 10 winners of 2017 and 2018 contest and a print of one of his photographs. To the top ten contributors also deliver a certifcate of their photographs. Delivery will be at a public event or by mail for those unable to attend.
9. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
This ativitie will show a potencial of wikipedia and wikimedia to share cultural resources for education and sensibilization about cultural heritage. This contest will help make sure that images from WLM get used in articles.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please add specific targets (numbers) to the following measures of success and feel free to add more:
- Number of total participants in this activitie: 1000
- Number of events: 1
- Number of people who will help organize meetings: 8
- How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please add specific targets (numbers) to the measures of success below and feel free to add more:
- Photographic record of the exhibition in Culture Ministry Headquarters place.
- Registration of at least 300 people in exposure (guestbook)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Txolo: Contest organizer of WLM Perú 2016, 2017 and 2018 contest, will create contest pages, answer questions on email and contest talk page, check scores, jury coordinator of all contest in Perú, coordinator and promotor of meetings with officers of National Heritage of Culture Ministry in some regions in Perú and community manager on our telegram, riot.im, twitter, facebook and isntagram acounts.
We hope incorporate 5 wikimedians new user, at least, to our team. We can typically meet in a space for free -- either a local library, non-profit, communal working space, or cafe.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Food & beverage = $3 x 100 people = 300 USD
- Bus/taxi tickets to reimburse participants for travel to/from meeting (if needed) = $20 x 10 people = $200
- Contingency funds = $100
- 60 photos impression. 40 to exposition and 20 to awards (top ten 2017, and top ten 2018)
60 x 15 = 900
- 60 t-shirts. 20 for top ten photos contest 2017 and 2018, 9 for jury members (2017 and 2018) 6 for officers of Culture Ministry. And 25 to sort for public assistant to the exposition.
60 units x 5 USD = 300
- Total: 1,800 USD