Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Participate in the may – june 2018 #1Ref1Lib campaign
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will host one training session and one editathon. The theme choosed is litterature in Africa with a special focus on the DR Congo.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Local radios, Social media, Phones, local mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org), Boad at « AUF » campus
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- In our team we have some experienced editors who will help lead editathons and to support participants.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will host the events at the « AUF » (Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie) campus where we can easily find equipement. No need for participants to bring their own laptops. We will prepare with librarians all necessary books and materials that can be used as references. Those books will be listed on the event page so that people can find them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We have a great team of volunteers ready to support and answer to questions of participants after events. Those volunteers usually gather every friday at the University of Kisangani not far from the place of the event. Social media will also be used.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We have already organized virious wikimedia events with or without support of WMF or WMFr. Some of theme are :
- Mois de la contrinution francophone
- Kiwix : One PC one Wikipedia
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 15
- Number of new editors: 12
- Number of of articles created or improved: 30
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have 4 experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events. Library staff will help us with resources and the venue will be provided to us for free by AUF campus.We have 4 experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events. Library staff will help us with resources and the venue will be provided to us for free by AUF campus.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $225 x 2 events = $450
- Event t-shirts = $12.5 x 20 t-shirts = $250
- WikiMooc2 DVD = $3.5 x 20 DVD = $70
- Printings (badges, certificates, etc.) = $50
- Snack for the trainer = $150
- Transport allowance for volunteers = $30 x 2 days = $60
- Books, pens, etc. = $30
- Miscellaneous fees = $120 (communication, video projector, etc.)
Total = 1,170 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!