I would like to add 1000 good quality images from Rome
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- My idea is to take high quality photos in Rome. Currently, Rome has 228 quality images. It seems to me a very small number for such a historic city. Thanks to my proposal, this number could increase to a thousand. Many monuments are poorly photographed. I think that Rome deserves more. Especially that on many language versions, articles about this city are well developed. It would be nice if they were well illustrated too.
- I have participated in two French projects for Wikimedia France, in the first case I visited Vallée de la Dordogne & Cahors, where I took 1054 photos and Châteaux de la Loire, where I took 932 photos (including about 150 QI in this moment). In Rome I would like to spend a week, so I think that 1000 QI is the minimum I can afford.
- All photos will be uploaded to WikiCommons, adding a special category that I would create as it was in French projects.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Honestly I don't understand why anyone should inform someone about my project. I'd rather like to share its effects on Wikimedia Commons. Maybe it would be a good idea to contact Wikimedia Italia.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Only me will be involved in my project. I would return from Rome on November 19. Until December 31, I would try to load all the photos. At the same time, I would report pictures to Quality images candidates; however, this will be a lengthy process, because one person can submit only 5 candidates per day (maybe I would need help here).
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants (1)
- Number of articles created or improved (-)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (2000)
- Number of good quality images uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (1000)
- Number of valued images uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (200)
- Number of featured peactures uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (5)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (500)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I'm a project organizer and both only participant. I have my own equipment: camera, lenses, tripod.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Meals||20,00 €||14||280,00 €|
|Accommodation||50,00 €||7||350,00 €|
|RomaPass 72hours||38,50 €||1||38,50 €|
|Vatican Museums Ticket||21,00 €||1||21,00 €|
|Entrance ticket of the dome of St. Peter's Basilica||8,00 €||1||8,00 €|