Grants:Project/Rapid/Benipal hardarshan/Advocacy and GLAM Movement Strategy Prioritization Event

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Advocacy and GLAM Movement Strategy Prioritization Event
A Meetup to have prioritization discussion of the recommendations and strategy process for movement strategy with the members of the community and GLAM stakeholders and movement allies on advocacy and GLAM.
targetGLAM and advocacy stakeholders
start date25 November
end date20 December
budget (local currency)1007.42 EURO
budget (USD)1200
grant typeorganization
non-profit statusYes
contact(s)• Hardarshanbenipal.hb(_AT_),•
organization (if applicable)• Wikimedia Österreich in partnership with Open Heritage Foundation
website (if applicable)•

Please see the sample Movement strategy application before drafting your application.

Project Goal[edit]

Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.

  1. Encourage community participation
  2. Document implementation ideas related to movement strategy
  3. Disseminate information about movement strategy recommendations to community
  4. Coordinate community discussions

Project Plan[edit]


  1. What community or communities will be involved in this movement strategy discussion(s)?
    We will invite the GLAM institutions and allies of the Wikimedia Movement along with the affiliates members who play a key role in glam and advocacy work including representatives from National Heritage Conservation Commission Zambia, Punjab Arts Council India, Arts and Feminism, advocacy and glam experts from different affiliates, the University of Oregon, EU, Creative Commons, Open GLAM and more.

This is the plan for the worksession: 3 hours

Session Speaker Time (UTC)
Opening and introductions Hardarshan 12:00 - 12:20
Welcome Address Isaac Chabota 12:20 - 12:30
Guest Speakers TBD 12:30 - 12:40
The strategy process so far, Movement Strategy, how did we get here? Mohsen Salek, MSPRO Recommendations writer 12:40 - 13:00
Introduce the Movement Strategy recommendations and key areas Anass Sedrati 13:00 - 13:15
Global events and what are the next steps? Support Group member 13:15 - 13:30
Questions and Answers Session Isaac 13:30 - 13:45
Discussions on the way forward Mina Theofilatou 13:45 - 14:00
Open discussions, identifying priorities Everybody 14:00 - 14:55
Roundup of the Session Isaac 14:55 - 15:00

After the event, the translators will work to translate the resulting documentation from the meeting.

  1. How will you make sure everyone is invited?
    We will email the key stakeholders but we will also do social media engagements on wikimedia channels and glam mailing list to ensure that interested stakeholders can join the event.
  1. How will you document community discussion(s) and feedback related to movement strategy? Who will be responsible for documenting these discussions?
    Hardarshan is responsible for the documentation. He has a good grip on the concepts and the key areas of strategy and would be great at the concluding and reporting work.
  1. What is your facilitation plan to support productive discussions around movement strategy? Please also provide a link to a Friendly Space Policy that will be implemented to support these discussions.
    Isaac will be facilitating the discussion. We are expecting to invite some of the strategy support staff as our guest and we have a member of the design team who will present the strategy recommendations and explain the recommendations to the audience. We will use the Wikimedia Foundation Friendly Space Policy
  1. If you are requesting funding for online tools or services to support participation, please describe these services and how they will be used. If not, please write N/A.
  2. If you are translating movement strategy materials, in what languages will you be supporting translation? Who will be responsible for doing the translations? If not, please write N/A.
    We will be translating in Hindi, French, Arabic and Spanish. Professional translators
  1. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined in the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
    No. The event is virtual
    • Once you have completed the risk assessment protocol, please contact strategy2030(_AT_) to confirm and finalize additional budget and logistical needs.
  1. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
    Anass Sedrati will be the chief coordinator.


  1. Number of total participants: 30 approx.
  2. Number of new participants: N/A
  3. Number of people who will help organize the event: 6
  4. Please note that you are required to fill in the template regarding the outcomes of the event that you can consult on meta or in Google Forms

Optionally, you are welcome to include other information you'd like to share around participant gender, age, project representation, editing experience, etc. Please include any additional outcomes you would like to report on below:


  • Facilitation (facilitation time including facilitator preparation, meeting facilitation time, and debriefing): 200 USD
  • Documentation (document preparation time, time spent documenting of discussion, post-meeting work, reporting): 200 USD
  • Online tools or services (subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion, Internet): 150 USD
  • Translation (translation costs for briefs and global materials): 200 USD
  • Coordination (coordinator work to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare for meeting): 300 USD
  • Other: (Fiscal sponsor (10% and bank transfer fees) - 150 USD



  • Endorsements are not needed for events related to Movement Strategy.. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.