Grants:Project/Rapid/Bijay/Wikipedia Education Program in Kathmandu
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Create awareness about Wikimedia in Education, Wikipedia and its sister projects
- Recruit new editors
- Train students to edit and gather information from Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We will be organizing events in the context of "Wikimedia and Education" in Kathmandu. During the events, will be teaching college students and the faculty about the basics of Wikipedia like reading, creating an account, editing and making the participants familiar with the Education Program. We are planning to run these events in the Information Technology Colleges and this will help us to improve technology and tools.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Community will be informed through mailing lists, telegram groups, and via Social media channels like Facebook, WhatsApp, Hangouts, etc. Also, we will be informing faculties and students from colleges and institutions through sending mails and phone calls to colleges and institutions administrations.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end of the project, we will have trained 100+ students and faculty members about Wikipedia and its various projects. We will closely follow-up participants through social media, group chats, hangouts and email and their contributions in Wikimedia projects.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of Training events: 4
- Number of Workshop: 1
- Number of Team Meetup: 2
- Number of total participants: 100+
- Number of articles created or improved: 10+
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 100+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We had earlier organized a similar WEP project in Biratnagar. As such we have experienced Wikipedians who is willing to work and give their time in this project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Training Event||Food and snacks for 4 Training in Educational institution||20000×4||80000 NPR|
|Workshop event||Breakfast, Food, Hi-tea and Event charge||45000×1||45000 NPR|
|Meetup event||2 Meetup event with team (Food and beverages)||15000×1||30000 NPR|
|Gift item for guest and teachers||15000||15000 NPR|
|Internet Connectivity and Communication||Connectivity during the events||15000NPR|
|Stationery items||5000 NPR|
|Transportation||Fuel and local transportation charge||10000 NPR|
|Safety Measures||Mask Sanitizers||20000 NPR|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||5000 NPR|