Grants:Project/Rapid/Brazal.dang/SheSaid Philippines 2021
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
The gender gap is still visible in some wiki projects, the reason why we have the WikiGap Campaign, A+F campaign, VisibleWikiWomen, and SheSaid. This is a good start for a growing Wikiproject especially that it is in its initial stage. The earlier we supplement it with contents choosing women and feminism as subjects, the less we will rush to work with it in the future. As a support to bridge the gap in gender representation, this project will focus on:
- Increasing and/or improving content on notable Filipino women on different Wikiquote platforms;
- Promoting the Philippine language Wikiquote platforms under incubation (Wikisambit, Wikikawikaan) using fair gender representation;
- Recruitment of new editors and improving skills of existing editors through a series of edit-a-thons;
- Foster an open culture through meet-ups and include more women in the community of volunteers.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This project aims to conduct a series of edit-a-thons both online and offline. Focus will be on improving contents about Filipino women on Wikiquote, Wikisambit and Wikikawikaan.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- The organizer will inform the community through the different community portals of the different Philippine language-based wiki projects. This project will also be advertise to the different social media channels of Wikimedia volunteers from the Philippines.
- Posted in the community portals of the following wikiprojects:
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Possible participants will be invited through community portals and emails.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- The following editors have already been informed about the advent of this project. Currently, they are the active editors in the Central Bikol and Tagalog Wikiquotes, both under Incubator.
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes. Volunteers from previous trainings on other on-wiki projects will be invited. All interested participants will be asked to bring their own laptops or mobile phones during the offline meet-up. Additional laptop will be rented as support to the volunteers without devices. A place with Internet will be secured for the meet-ups.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The organizer will create a discussion page within the Philippine-language Wikiquote to foster active interactions within the wiki projects.
- Participants will be group in a secured social media chat room for easy communication.
- Continuous meet-up with the editors and informal technical support will be provided after this project.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- This project aims to conduct both online and offline meet-up to ensure that objectives are met. We only plan to invite 5-7 persons per session for the in-person activities.
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project primarily aims to improve content on notable Filipino women by including women editors in the process.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3 online training and 3 offline meet-up (5-7 participants per session)
- Number of participants : 20 participants
- Number of new editors : 10 new editors, 10 repeat participants
- Number of of articles created or improved :
- a. 50 quotes of notable Filipino women added or 100 women quotes improved
- b. 200 quotes translated to Central Bikol
- c. 200 quotes translated to Tagalog.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Volunteers will be asked to bring their own laptops and mobile devices during the offline meet-ups.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and Refreshments: Php 650.00 x 7 x 3 sessions = 13,650.00
- Hygiene package (Masks, Sanitizers) : Php 500.00 x 3 = 1,500.00
- Laptop Rental: Php 500.00 x 2 units x 3 sessions = 3,000.00
- Transportation allowance for participants = 200.00 x 7 x 3 sessions = 4,200.00
- Venue with Internet (4-6 hours): Php 5,000.00 x 3 sessions = 15,000.00
- Internet support (organizer): Php 1,700.00 x 3 events = Php 5,100.00
- Internet support (technical support): Php 1,700.00 x 3 events = 5,100.00
- Stationary and giveaways (manuals, brochures,etc.) Php 750 x 20 persons = 15,000.00
- Print and online advertisements = 5,000.00
- Communication (Organizer): Php 500.00 x 3 months = 1,500.00
- Documentation (rental of equipment) = 5,000.00
- Miscellaneous and contingency funds = 5,000.00
Total: Php 79,050 / USD 1,575.46
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!