Grants:Project/Rapid/Camelia.boban/Art and Feminism 2017 Rome/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Our goal was 60 partecipants (and the real number of people registred on Eventbrite event was 60), we were about 30. In addition to the number of participants, our real goal is to fill the gender gap, so involve female in writing contents in Wikipedia. As number we haven't reach our goal, as interest and future collaboration, yes. I am very happy about how the event went, because we had people we trust that they will become Wikipedians.
Please report on your original project targets.
- Project metrics
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1 event||1 event||Our first international on person edit-a-thon structured (granted, organized in a prestigious museum in Rome, with refreshment service), as part of the global campaign Art and Feminism.|
|30 participants||60 participants registered||Sold out for free tickets on Eventbrite, about 30 real participants|
|23 editors||15 new editors||All the participants were interested in the topic, someone could not edit because used tablet or smartphone|
|12 completed articles||12 new entries, 23 articles improved||1 article was up to deletion. At the end of discussion it was considered in unanimity (with 10 votes out of ten) an entry perfectly encyclopedic for the notability criteria and maintained. Articles created or improved are listed here.|
|50% female||70% female presence||We had middle-aged people, but also seventy and twenty age people. Our great goal was the diversity.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Outreach tool. Glad to have known this useful tool.
- Eventbrite's event management. Easy to manage the orders, emails, send email to all the list's participants to inform about how to prepare themselves to the event, easy to print the final list to use as attendance sheet.
- Facebook event, Twitter account, Pinterest showcaseto promote this on social media.
- Refreshment service. A good quality of food and the waiter service.
- Participants interest, most of all female.
- The wikifacilitator's help.
- We had a list to start and all the articles were checked in advance in notability and sources.
- The museum's collaboration (location, tables, chairs, wifi, audio system, social promotion).
- Presentation and translated A + F slide.
- The graphics works (logo, poster and leaflet) gentely created by one of our participants for free.
- We were able to retrieve the drinks to consume at the next event.
- The echo of the event in the press. Press review, on the museum site.
- The MAXXI's invitation to repeat this experience the next year.
- What did not work so well?
- The comunity response. Something to say at the end of the event, but not first or during.
- Practical help (during the purchase and bagging the soft drinks).
- Refreshment was excessive (calculated in relation of the registered participants).
- Prezi video (video inside the presentation didn's start).
- Not enought time to introduce all the wiki infos to people who knows nothing about this world.
- They had been invited to register before, but someone has not done it.
- Hard to work with tablets (someone has been presented with tablet instead of the laptop as recommended).
- What would you do differently next time?
- I prepared two pdf guides to start: one about all the registration process, another about the translation one.
- Order refreshment for a less number of persons.
- The next time will be a contest (with a giury)
- Event to be done online too, at the same time
- Prizes in Amazon cards (hope that involves more people)
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
From the 800 EUR received I supported these expenses:
- poster 5 pieces x 3 EUR = 15,00 EUR
- foldables 100 pieces = 55,02 EUR
- refreshment (food) = 340,00 EUR
- refreshment (valet service) = 100,00 EUR
- drinks, plates, cutlery
- and plastic cups, napkins = 125,36 EUR
Total = 635,38 EUR (including VAT)
Rest = 164,62 EUR
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, our rest is about 164,62 EUR
The rest from the grant 164,62 EUR it will be used for the next event La mujer que nunca conosciste in Rome.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
With this editathon, WikiDonne started this campaign like a sub project - Arte e feminismo (Art and Feminism). We have the MAXXI's invitation to come back the next year.