Grants:Project/Rapid/Category:Files by User:Nicola/Junioren-WM 2020
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Add high quality content. To provide photos from track cyclists. Many cyclists at the Junior Championships will be attending Olympic Games in the future, and it is important to have photos of cyclists from fi Asia and Africa and to put these countries on the global sports map.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- I will got daily to the Velodrome in Cairo and thake especially portrait photos of the participants (example: ). I myself write many bio pics about track cyclists, and my photos make authors in other languages to do the same. In the meantime I have a good reputation in the cycling scene and there is a good cooperation. The president of the African Cycling Federation himself asked me to come to Cairo and to document the championships, which are the first world championships in Egypt and the 2nd in Africa (Cape Town 2008). So it is an important step for African sports.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I always inform the cycling projects in the other languages, and many authors are thankful for my photos ("wonderful Nicola" :))
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants - 1
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable) - not known yet
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) - around 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) - not known yet
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- flight around 900 US$
- evtl. around 600 US$ (expected less: for taxi costs, Per diem)
- no hotel costs