Grants:Project/Rapid/Ceslause/Wikipedia 20 anniversary events
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- We are planning a series of 5 edit-a-thons, three training sessions, and two information sessions.
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, I will lead the editing team. Other experienced Wikimedians that will support the project includes:
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- They have the necessary computer devices for the project, and I will also be providing unlimited fast-speed internet that will be used for all the edit-a-thon meetups. I have already successfully guided the prospective participants through creating their accounts on Wikipedia. I will be making a manual available to them before events, and will provide one on one guide to those who would need any during the events.
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and Instagram.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- I already made plans to have them all in a WhatsApp group, as this would help make the interactions more personal. They would also be following the respective Wiki social media handles.
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants:40
- Number of new participants:5
- Number of people who will help organize the event:2
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 70
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable):
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable):
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have two experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events and myself who will double as editor, trainer and event planner.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Data subscription = $100 x 10 events = $1000
- 2 months zoom subscription = $40
- Work station = $60 x 10 events = $600
- Graphic design for social media and logistics = $200
Total = 1,840 USD
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.