Grants:Project/Rapid/Clementine Nyirahabihirwe/Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2020 in Rwanda
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
The general goal of this project is to promote the usage of the images collected in the past years' photos contest on Wikipedia articles that lack images and to strengthen members skills on editing Wikipedia pages.
- Add images or improve existing content related to Rwanda
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?'
- The contest will focus on using the images that have been collected in the photo campaigns and teach participants how to use them on the Wikipedia articles that do not have them. It will help them to get familiar with the Wikipedia articles improvement skills and how to even create new ones so that we can boost our Rwanda user group contributions over the platform.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We shall use local media (radio),social medias (WhatsApp, Twitter, Faceboo, Instagram), posters, email campaigns, and word of mount to let people know about te contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- A team of three judges or less will be set and will select the winners based on the set WPWP metrics and will use them as tool to determine the best performers. The following people will be in the jury team:
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- The strategy will be to first gather those images from the photo contests that happened in the previous years such Wiki Loves Africa (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020) and we shall also use Wikipedia tools such as Petscan that allow users to get articles that lack images to know where exactly to use them. Besides that, we shall also explore the Wiki Commons database of images that are freely licensed or in the public domain to be used.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We intend to implement this project using online resources and the participants will contribute and participate in it remotely.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants -->15
- Number of photos used -->300
- Number of articles created or improved -->300
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Clementine -Project Lead
- Boris- Assistant Project Lead
- Jane - Assistant Project Lead
- Rebeccah - Communication Lead
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 952.851 RWF as of 11 June 2020 
- Project budget table
|Category||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Pre-Implementation||WPWP Promotion/Advertisement||1||$100||$100||This will be used to increase the reach out and promote this project via medias.|
|Zoom subscription||1||$15||$15||We will need this to be able to run all online sessions.|
|Communication (Phone calls)||1||$30||$30||This will be used to make external phone calls, like booking appointments with medias or calling participants.|
|Implementation||Internet (Launch)||15||$20||$300||Launch and introduction to the members about the WPWPRW|
|Edit-th-on (internet)||15||$20||$300||This will be used to run this session online.
|Internet (Articles improvement/writing)||15||$25||$375||This will be for every participant to implement the project.|
|Campaign progress tracking meeting - Calls||1||$15||$15||Communication to track the progress.|
|Participants certificates||15||$3||$45||Appreciation certificates|
|Internet for selection (Judges)||3||$10||$30||This will be used to help selecting the winners.|
|WPWP Winners Prizes||1||$305||$305||1st Prize ($150), 2nd Prize ($100) & 3rd Prize ($55) - All will be provide in gift cards|
|Judges gifts||1||$90||$90||$30 gift card for each judge|
|Closing ceremony||15||$10||$150||This will be used to cover the internet costs for the participants ( as we are doing it online) to announce the winners and collect direct feedback.|
|Contingency amount||1||$25||$25||This might be used to fix any change in the exchange rate|
|Total: USD 1,780|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!