Grants:Project/Rapid/Creating a group of editors of the Tajik Wikipedia
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Create a new group of Tajik Wikimedians.
Training new members.
Involve participants in project activities and planning.
Creating and Improving Tajik Content
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
The main goal of our meetings is to form a community of Tajik editors, both experienced and new editors. During the meetings, we plan how to develop Tajik Wikipedia, improve the quality of articles and photos, attract more new editors and train them.
Another problem is that in Tajikistan there are many people who want to contribute to Wikipedia. But most of them do not know how to do it. Our goal is to help these people who are interested in promoting the Tajik Wikipedia. We want to train them by organizing an editathon. We also expect some participants to contribute to the Tajik Wikipedia by improving and / or adding content. By conducting this board, we hope to create a new group of editors of Tajik-Wikipedia with a center in Dushanbe, where there has not been such a group so far.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- In the past, we had extensive experience in implementing socially significant projects and conducting a series of trainings, meetings, conferences for various categories of the population, including youth, women and girls, representatives of non-profit organizations and the mass media.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Group chat (Watsapp and telegrams), and the same closed group on Facebook
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- -through email;
- -group chat (Watsapp and telegrams);
- -through a closed group on Facebook.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Such a project has not yet been carried out in Tajikistan and is being presented for the first time. We hope that such meetings contribute to the development of various Wikimedia projects in the Tajik language and popularization of the Tajik Wikipedia.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
Number of meetings –– no less - 6
Number of participants - 40
Number of new editors - 20
Number of articles created or improved - 60
Number of photos created -50
- Number of people who will help organize the event
The main organizer of the project is Atokhon Ganiev, who has extensive experience in conducting trainings, meetings and various education events. Atohon Ganiev-Tajik journalist and civic activist. Over the past few years, he has implemented more than 10 socially significant projects in Tajikistan that were financed by the Open Society Institute, the European Union, Internews and other international funds. He organized trainings and training for journalists, youth, women and migrants. He is an ambassador to Hostwriter. / Four experienced editorial staffs of the Tajik Wikipedia will also take part in the project.
|Description of the subject matter||Per Event||Number of events||Total in TJS||Total in US|
|Rental of premises - per month||1300 TJS||6||7800||821,7|
|Food and drink for 20 participants per month||1200 TJS||6||7200||758,4|
|Logistics and other materials (presentation screen, stationery, graphic design and the Internet)||570||6||3420||360,28|
|Amount requested||18 420||1940,38|