Grants:Project/Rapid/Csisc/Presenting Wikidata for Arab Computational Linguists
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Recruit new editors to Wikidata
- Add existing lexicons in Modern Standard Arabic and in Arabic dialects to Wikidata
- Inciting Computational Linguists and Computer scientists to use Wikidata for their tools for the processing of Modern Standard Arabic and of the Arabic dialects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- I will present my paper in AICCSA 2017. It will be discussed in ANLP Workshop in 02 Nov.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- The conference is indexed ERA C. So, many computational linguists and computer scientists will be present to show their works. These scientists will be present in the workshop without having to invite them. These scientists have developed some lexicons about Modern Standard Arabic and Arabic dialects, It will be excellent if these lexicons are added to Wikidata and after that used in Computational Linguistics (Machine Translation, POS Tagging...)
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Convincing Computational linguists to use Wikidata in their works and to add Arabic lexicons to Wikidata
- I will follow-up with my audience after the conference using email messages
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 40
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Registration fee: 875 TND = 361.15 USD
- Transport fee: 25 USD
- Accomodation fee: 52 USD * 4 = 208 USD
- Yes please :) GerardM (talk) 10:05, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support Abhinav619
- Support It is beneficial for the Tunisian community. Sami Mlouhi (talk) 11:37, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support Serious contributor. Dyolf77 (talk) 12:18, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support Physikerwelt (talk) 01:38, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support This is a good opportunity for the user and for the whole community. Youssef Ben Haj Yahia (talk) 03:05, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- I'd like to listen to an Afrian speak about Wikidata Kayusyussuf (talk) 10:23, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support Important to support Wikimedia volunteers Papischou 10:25, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support Indeed it's beneficial to our community ! I hope you make it to the grant Csisc ! Emnamizouni (talk) 10:32, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support It's a very interesting project ! Zeinebtakouti (talk) 12:57, 21 August 2017 (UTC)