Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors and volunteers: we expect to attract 30 new Wikipedia editors and engage 5 new volunteers for our local chapter.
- Increase skills for existing editors: we open the invitation for participants of previous editathons.
- Add or improve content: add & improve content about women from Venezuela, with special focus in women in arts.
- Improve a total of 100 different articles during the editathon.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are hosting one editathon, matching the International Women's Day.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Our local partner, Busca Tu Espacio will be directing a small media campaign consisting of visits to radio and television studios to promote the editathon, also, based on the experience of Chicas Wiki in 2017, we will be focusing in an email campaign for part of the database of the British Council in order to reach a wider audience.
- As a part of the Art+Feminism campaign, the editathon is registered on the Wikipedia Outreach Dashboard.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we will have three (Oscar Costero, Santiago De Viana and Dennis Pierri) experienced Wikipedians present.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will host the editathon at Mega Sala Digital Movistar, a computer lab owned by Telefónica of Venezuela, perhaps the best in the country in terms of equipments and bandwidth connection, the computer lab have access to 40 computers.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- During the editathon we are going to ask for the participant emails in order to run a survey to learn what went well and what could be improved, we also going to add them to the database of our local movement for send them information of upcoming editathons and other workshops.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is the second year in a row working with Busca Tu Espacio, this time around we are setting this 'know-how' in order to host a more fruitful event.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have three experienced Wikipedians who will organize the event and provide training and one-on-one support. Telefónica staff will help us with the logistics and operations of the computer lab, also, they are providing the event venue for free. Based of the high cost of the printed works (flyers, certificates), we are receiving in-kind donations by Busca Tu Espacio for these items.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Since the event is scheduled to all day, we need refreshments (lunch, drinks, water and coffee) for 38 persons (30 participants, 3 Wikipedians, 3 staff members of Telefónica and 2 staff members of Busca Tu Espacio), and pocket money for transport of two of the facilitators for the event.
- Food and drink (at $12 per person)= $456 (VEF 11,371,500 *)
- Pocket money for transport = $34 (VEF 847,875 *)
- At an official exchange rate of VEF 24,937.50/USD (Source)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!