Grants:Project/Rapid/Dfertileplain/Follow up Wikipedia Instagram campaign in Nigeria
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikipedia in Nigeria
- Recruiting new editors.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
- We'll building awareness for the contest mainly through Instagram ads and using the committed followership we have on Instagram. However still, relevant information will also be shared on the Nigerian mailing list, Facebook page, Twitter page, etc
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- This has been done by making a notification on the discussion page of Wikimedia Nigeria User group.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes i do a whole lot. I was active in promoting the Wikipedia at 20 Campaign
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- After the campaign ends, we intend to create a mailing list of every participants so there can be mentoring session about contributing to Wikipedia
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- All the sessions are virtual, no in-person activities
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- If at least 30 campaign participants participated in the contest by sharing their videos on Instagram.
- If at least 3 Wikipedia training workshop is conducted online.
- If at least 80% participants known more about the art of contributing to Wikipedia.
- If at least 30,000 people viewed the video
- If at least 40 videos were added to Wikimedia commons.
- Increased awareness of Wikipedia in Nigeria
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Dfertileplain; Project manager.
- Comradeayobami; media volunteer.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Social media Ad Campaign = $500
- Internet support (for organizer & participants during the workshop and contest)= $300
- Prizes for the contest winners (5 winners will be given a phone of not more than $80 each) = $400
- Promotions and branding (this will include e-banner design and video promotion)= $350
- Logistics and Miscellaneous (Local Transport, shipping fees, zoom online platform, bank charges etc) = $140
Total budget = $1,690
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!