Grants:Project/Rapid/Editatona Mujeres latinoamericanas 2017
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
We have a gender gap too large that inevitably impacts on the contents of the articles of Wikipedia. One of our objectives is to attract more women collaborators to guarantee the diversity and the quality of the contents. Our goal is to increase the presence of Latin American women in Wikipedia. We want to recruit more new female editors and to add content about notable Latin American women.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are planning to do one editathon that spreads for two days focused on Latin American Women.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We have our blogs, and the web of Un Dia Una Arquitecta that has more than one million visits for the dissemination of the event, the Facebook page of Un Dia Una Arquitecta has more than 20000 likes, we also have some mailing list to find experienced editors to volunteer at the editathons. We will place notifications in the following locations:
- es:Wikipedia:Encuentros/Editatona Mujeres latinoamericanas 2017
- Facebok group post.
- Un Dia Una Arquitecta
- Social sharing in the form of tweets and Facebook posts from Un Dia Una Arquitecta and Mujeres latinoamericanas en Wikimedia.
- Wikiproyecto Mujeres
- Wikimujeres mailing lists.
- Andrea Patricia Kleiman blog
- Mujeres en la Arquitectura mailing lists.
- Iberocoop Google Agenda, mailing list and Telegram group.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
We have a strong experience organizing editathons, some of them were:
We wrote about those projects in several sites, for example:
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
People will bring their own laptops or netbooks. We will request a temporary lift of IP cap for editathon to create several new accounts.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
We already have done several editathons and we have the email of the participants. Participants continue to work together from the Facebook working group and the mailing lists. We will also follow the work through the Wikipedia page of the event, where the progress made after the meeting will be published. We will send messages to all new editors after the event. We always monitor the work done by new editors. We answer questions and offer feedback on the Wikipedia talk page in the Wikiproyecto Mujeres. We already have a Facebook group for editathon participants to talk.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
We are planning a guided visit to notable buildings and monuments designed by women to take photos to upload to Wikimedia Commons as part of the editathon. You can see a video that we have already done:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals?
We always follow the new editors and watch the new articles, we always do metrics about number of participants, number of new editors and number of new articles created and new images uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
The venue is in the city of Mar Del Plata, Argentina. We are 2 experienced wikimedians and editors, User:Jaluj (Andrea Patricia Kleiman) and User:Imoisset (Ines Moisset). We both teach at the university, we have both attended many editathons and we have taught many times how to edit. You can read an interview of both of us here. One of us is going to travel the day before to do all the arrangements. Flomarciani will also travel to help us with logistic. We always get institutions that provides us with its facilities to work for free. People will come with their own laptops. We will notify at Phabricator to allow us to create new accounts.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
We need travel, food, and accommodation from Córdoba City and Buenos Aires City to Mar del Plata City for 3 experienced wikipedians.
- 2 tickets Buenos Aires - Mar del Plata - Buenos Aires = $200.
- 1 trip Córdoba - Mar del Plata = $130
- 1 room for 3 nights + 1 rooms 2 nights + 1 room for 1 night hotel = $ 600
- Food and beverages for the event = $200
- Food for 3 days of stay for wikimedians = $300
- Child care = 5 hrs x $20/hr x 2 events = $200
- Logo, print and banner design= $50
- Certificates, printer ink cartridges and posters = $ 50
- Tutorial = $200
- Taxi = $40
- Banking fees = Unknown
Total = $1,970
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- B25es (talk) 16:39, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- Bojana Wiki PG (talk) 17:24, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- Saintfevrier (talk) 18:49, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- ¡Hermosa actividad! Caleidoscopic (talk) 19:26, 22 November 2017 (UTC)I
- Felicidades Imprescindible iniciativa para visibilizar a las mujeres del Sur y luchar contra la brecha de género en Wikipedia! Mboix (talk) 23:12, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- Blmurch (talk) 03:49, 23 November 2017 (UTC)
- Esteban (talk) 11:03, 23 November 2017 (UTC)
- Armineaghayan ArmAg 13:51, 23 November 2017 (UTC)
- Really love the idea and proud to endorse. Goodluck - Nabin K. Sapkota (talk) 14:59, 23 November 2017 (UTC)
- Agpesk (talk) 16:11, 23 November 2017 (UTC) Excelente!
- I worked/still working with Jaluj and Ines in various editathons and contests of WikiDonne (La mujer che nunca conociste, Interwiki Women) and I know how much they care and how much attention they put on their work. I strongly support this request. Camelia (talk) 20:15, 23 November 2017 (UTC)
- IreNpt (talk) 15:06, 25 November 2017 (UTC)
- -Oscar_. (talk) · @ 15:19, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
- Millars (talk) 19:22, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Banfield - Reclamos aquí 00:54, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- Rodelar (talk) 16:27, 1 December 2017 (UTC)