Grants:Project/Rapid/Eukoha/Photowalk at Ogun and Oyo states/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes we did and so super happy on how it went as it provides an avenue for the 5 photographers to document their immediate environment as it further increased content on Wikimedia commons, recruited new photographers, improved contents on Wikipedia, and also further create awareness for the Wikimedia projects.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|If atleast 5 professional photographers participated||5 Photographers participated.||Mediamof, Lightshot, Headofheads, Kaizenify and Eukoha|
|If atleast 600 photos were uploaded to wiki commons||Over 600 photos was uploaded||More images still expected to be uploaded.|
|If at least 20% of the images collected are used||28% of the images collected was used||This number was calculated using the glamtool here as the target was met, exceeded and also still ongoing.|
Link to common for all the images 
Some of the photos from the conference include:
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- All the 5 photographers showed up.
- Organizing and executing the project went well.
- Moving into the various city was seamless.
- What did not work so well?
- Network challenge is some city didnt allow us upload for the day.
- Post-pressing of accumulated images was labour intensive as it became overwhelming because it couldn't be uploaded immediately.
- The allocated days wasn't enough to go through all the city as there were several traffics on the road while travelling.
- One of the photographer: Headofheads camera was stolen during the photowalk and hence couldn't get images from him and made the morale go down a little bit.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Get various internet router with different network so one can have options even when in a rural community.
- Make adequate plans for traffic and others next time.
- Stay very security conscious and vigilant.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Transportation for photographers||1||250,000||250,000||657.89||This covered the cost for the car rental and fuelling for the whole five days and also moving within the various city.|
|2||Food and drinks||25(5photographers*5days)||4,300||107,500||282.89||We provided food and drinks for the 5 photographers which was shared within them for morning and night mainly.|
|3||Accommodation||12(3 rooms*4 nights)||20,000||240,000||631.57||Hotel fee in all the various city we stayed in for the 4 nights.|
|4||Data allowance during the upload session||5||5,000||25,000||65.79||This was shared among the photographers as a data allowance for the upload.|
|5||Branded T-Shirts||5||3,000||15,000||39.51||This was very helpful in uniformity and moving around the community as it also create attention for us.|
|6||Contingency cost||1||7,500||7,500||19.73||For calls and bank charges.|
|Grand Total (with contingency cost): NGN 645,000 (USD 1697.37)|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?