Grants:Project/Rapid/Felipe da Fonseca/Jornada/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes. We had two main goals. The first was the organization of a group of users from southern Brazil. We are unable to formally establish the group, but we have established contacts that will facilitate this in the future and discuss possibilities for this to happen. The second was the participation of experienced editors in an event at the Federal University of Santa Catarina, where there is an article editing project. There were short courses and lectures on specific topics of the Lusophone Wikipedia. Images of these activities are available on Commons.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|two minicourses: 1) one edit-a-thon about "Women in science"; and 2) one edit-a-thon about "Wikipedia as didatic tool for Geography teachers of Basic Education"||done, approximately 20 people, training on basic editing techniques||Images on Commons|
|one round table about "Wikipedia as information font". Topics: a) Wikipedia, fonts, references and links; b) Wikipedia on fake news context; c) Wikipedia as teaching tool;||done||Images on Commons|
|We will also organize a wiki meet-up after the conference at UFSC as a form of confraternization between all wikipedians and wikimedians present and the event.||done||group not officially established, but debated|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Short courses are great for teaching basic editing techniques. If they have specific themes they tend to get more attention from potential volunteers. Partnerships with universities, such as knowledge centers, are central to the Wikimedia movement.
- What did not work so well?
- Organizing a user group takes time, we should have more solid discussions before try to establish the group. Weaknesses were exposed.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Organize the project earlier (resources, schedule). Expand outreach to the Wikimedia Lusophone community.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Transport = $154,94
- Food and drink = $168,6
Total spent = 323,54 USD
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?