Grants:Project/Rapid/FroyAgta/2018 WikiTutorial and Monthly Meetups/Report
- November 6, 2018 – The meeting started at 6:00 and ended at 9:00 in the evening and it was held at Naga, City. The call for the meeting was for the finalization of the WikiTutorial that will commence on 17 November 2018 at ESD Hall-Central Bicol State University of Agriculture, San Jose, Pili, Camarines Sur. The team discussed with regards to the program, certificates, tarpaulin design for promotion, and awards for the winners. It was attended by Irvin Sto. Tomas, Maffeth Opiana, Leah Banastao, Marvin Molin and Froy Beraña.
- November 16 - WikiTutorial Session 1 was held at Central Bicol State University of Agriculture in Pili, Camarines Sur.
- November 23, 2018 – Meeting
- November 24 - The Community members and friends gathered for the 11th Bikol Wikipedia Anniversary celebration and Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in the Philippines awarding ceremony in Naga City.
- November 25, 2018 – Wikitutorial promotion attended by the faculty and staff of Central Bicol State University of Agriculture (Pasacao and Pili campuses) with Marvin R. Molin and Leah B. Banastao.
- December 24 - Monthly Meeting and Year-end Celebration with 4 attendees. Membership application of Jp2593 was approved by the board.
- January 13 - WikiTutorial Session 2 was held in Naga City. Attendance: 11 including 7 new participants. New users were taught how to create an account, basic editing and adding references while existing contributors explored the Translation feature on English Wikipedia.
- February 3 - The last Monthly Meeting of the 2018-2019 board was held in Naga City with 9 community members in attendance.
- March 3 - The second Annual General Meeting was held at Caby's Cabana Restaurant, Elias Angeles St., Naga City with 5 members in person and 5 online attendance out of the thirteen (13) official members. The duly-elected as Trustees to serve for a one-year term are Irvin P. Sto. Tomas, Froy B. Beraña, Anthony B. Diaz, Maffeth C. Opiana and Ramon O. Olaño, Jr.
- The results of the election of officers are: Irvin P. Sto. Tomas, and Froy B. Beraña were reelected for another term as President and Vice President, respectively. Anthony B. Diaz was voted Treasurer, while Ramon O. Olaño, Jr. is the new Treasurer. Joseph V. Ciudadano was appointed Auditor.
- March 9 - The User Group joined WikiGap campaign. Four (4) new WikiTutorial participants joined the month-long WikiGap Challenge. This served as the WikiTutorial Session 3.
- March 24 - The 1st Board Meeting was held in Naga City. Attendance: Irvin, Ramon, Froy, Anthony, and Maffeth; Joseph was also present. Agenda: Equipment grant, WikiTutorial final month, Wikimedia conferences, Wikimedia communication channels, and PH-WC strategic planning in Catanduanes.
- April 8 - WikiGap Challenge Philippines ended with bcl:User:Maffeth.opiana and bcl:User:Brazal.dang making it to the top 10 contributors.
- April 8, 2019 - Hurop-Hurop, Huron-Huron: Usapang Panpanitikang Bikol attended by Froy P. Beraña to share about the Bikol Wikipedia initiative as advocacy in promoting and preserving Bikol language. It was held at CBSUA-Lecture Hall, Humanities Building. The forum sponsored by the Central Bicol State University of Agriculture, Sentro ng Wika at Kultura and Parasurat Bikolnon, Inc.
- April 25 - PHWC conducted an Outreach Activity in Catanduanes attended by around 50 elementary and high school teacher in Social Studies.
- May 7 - Formally request a space at Raul S. Roco Library thru Naga City Mayor John G. Bongat.
- May 18 - Conducted Wiki Loves Earth Philippines photo walk in San Pascual, Masbate.
- May 18 - 1Lib1Ref Campaign served as the WikiTutorial Session 4 which was held at University of Nueva Caceres in Naga City.
- June 7 - Formally requested a working space at Raul S. Roco Library thru Naga City Mayor John G. Bongat.
- June 18 - The community adopted its new constitution and by-laws on 21 May 2019 and it received the recognition as a non-stock non-profit company from the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Republic of the Philippines on 18 June 2019.
The following are the participants in the WikiTutorial and Monthly Meetups:
|Username||Contributions||How to edit and Formatting||Translation||Links and Citing Sources||Adding and uploading images||WikiProject and WikiGnome||November 10th Bikol Wikipedia Celebration||February Monthly Meeting and Wiki Loves Love||March Monthly Meetings and WikiGap||April Outreach in Catanduanes||May 1Lib1Ref Campaign||May Photo Walk||June WLE Editathon||Member of/joined the User Group|
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- What did not work so well?
- What would you do differently next time?
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (PHP)||Total (PHP/USD)||Actual Expense (PHP/USD)||Notes|
|1||WikiTutorials||4||PHP 10,000.00||PHP 40,000.00
|Tutorial from basic content editing to joining a WikiProject|
|2||Meet-ups||4||PHP 5,000.00||PHP 20,000.00
|Offline discussion and follow-up tutorial|
|3||Internet||20||PHP 1,000.00||PHP 20,000.00
|Allowance for internet rental and/or internet data of participants who may need assistance|
|Rewards to productive participants|
|6||Contingency cost||PHP 6,000.00
|Total: PHP 106,000.00 (USD 1,980.02) | Total Expense: PHP (USD)|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?