Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
The contest suffered several setbacks due to personal situations (foreign affairs and my mother's illness) that were tried to correct by extending the planned time.
Although the diffusion was carried out, the scope was not as planned, so I'm not satisfied with the current results.
However, we had fewer participants than expected, but more articles were written and of relatively good quality.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|920 articles created or improved||45 articles created or improved||Not reached. This may be due to the methodology used in the project that is foreign to that of a wikipedian.|
|16 participants||3 participants||Not reached. Due to change in the participation list (using an event userbox, automatically adds the participant to the list), they did not know, did not understand or it was not easy for them to add that template on their user page.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- A: The announces in Twitter, Discord, and Wikimedia projects have been more active compared to 2018.
- What did not work so well?
- A: Considering that a focus on one language (Spanish) was desired, it was avoided to announce it in the Wikivoyage international bar. The intent of an automatic list also considered a problem. Although attentive, lacking significant experience, at the time the aforementioned problems occurred, the remaining organizers couldn't cope with the situation (one of them would retire from the organizational team in order to participate and thus improve the data obtained). Given that this project is quite unknown to the spanish community, it is presumed that those who tried to participate would find it difficult to meet the requirements of the project. The difference between the event held two years ago and this one is that through a significant effort by multiple communities, we had considerable participation in the version that we had to organize.
- What would you do differently next time?
- A: Although planned in this contest, it is planned to train the new organizers so that they know how to deal with eventualities. An editing workshop focused on users of other projects in order to adapt to the needs of the project will be ideal to encourage future collaborations. Although one of the two problems is still valid (the second one indicated), after carrying out the training and an organizer's manual, announcements will be made in advance to capture the greatest possible participation.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- 150$ = First place,
- 100$ = Second place.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- 350$ remaining grant funds. In the original plan, it was expected to apply for another grant and hold another event between Spanish Wikivoyage and Spanish Wikinews (called NewsVoyage). Since there is still money left, we would like to keep it and apply for a grant and cover the rest, thus completing the objectives of the plan.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
This being the first event that a small community holds, it is an important step in considering the problems of small projects and being able to solve them. It is expected to improve the deficiencies that occurred during this event and achieve efficiency in subsequent ones.