Grants:Project/Rapid/Grants:Project/Rapid/Egypt Wikimedians UG/Women in Art (A+F) contest
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors and increase skills for existing editors.
- Raise awareness, improve and increase the online presence of women in the Arts in Egypt and globally.
- Promote the quality and quantity of Arabic contents on the web in regards to Female related content within the scope of Wikimedia Foundation projects.
- The prize is intended to grant a monetary prize to outstanding contributors as an incentive, for the purpose to maintain their continuous contribution to related projects and to encourage them in order to engage more in decreasing the gender gap in artistic content.
- Decrease the gender gap in the Arabic wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Women in art, activists and feminist movements because of lack of female content and participation of Arabic Wikipedia regarding to this items in order to decrease the gender gap to one or more Arabic-language-related Wikimedia projects during the specified period. Our main goal from the contest is to encourage general participation and creation of quality content.
- Also, we will do two edithons on 1 & 3 March 2018 with collaboration of Swedish Embassy in Cairo to increase female content and decrease the gender gap. Also, another 2 big events in Cairo for the same target to push up the impact of this contest.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We created a draft of the contest page here and we will inform the arabic community here. Also, in Social media here, here, here and here.
- See also contest page on Dashboard.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will select judging panel from editors-in-good-standing with diverse backgrounds who don't have a conflict of interest, assesses the candidates, the only directive given to the panel is to assess "benefit to wikipedia in terms of quality of the edits and effort put in them". The judges vote in a secret ballot on the best top candidates based on that criteria.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: we did many initiatives related to female participation on Arabic Wikipedia and all of that already have realized high impact. For example: ويكيبيديا:جائزة ويكي المرأة and ويكيبيديا:مشروع ويكي المرأة/مسابقة between others that we do usually to increase Arabic female content.
For photo contests:N/A
- Number of participants
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
- It's only a writing contest.
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 20+
- Number of articles created or improved 100+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- For example, we have this Arabic brochure of editing Wikipedia and another brochures and hangout are published here. Egypt Wikimedians UG & Art+Feminismis will collaborate in this contest in March, in which we celebrate International Women's Day.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|3||General Expenses.||Transportation,printing and shipping||N/A||N/A||N/A||$100||$|