Grants:Project/Rapid/Grants:Project/Rapid/UG LEV/Summer-Winter 2019-2020 Education Program in Palestine
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- two courses at two universities will participate in the Wikipedia Education Program (Hebron): Palestine Polytechnic university:Faculty of Engineering.Hebron University: Faculty of Arts.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- It was announced on the official page of the Arabic Wikipedia about a month ago from start and these are closed courses, participation will be limited to students enrolled in the courses.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, Editor Wikipedians will introduce the program, and a group of experienced Wikipedians will continually monitor and assist online.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- University students possess the skills necessary for writing papers, and together with the Wikipedia training, and monitoring, they should be able to contribute quality content. As for high school students, they are less equipped, but still have the skills to write good content.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After the end of program, students will be encouraged to continue editing Wikipedia, and to join in Wikimedia activities in Palestine.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of new editors: 50
- Number of of articles created or improved: 70 (Different fields) + 50 Photos upload on wikiCommons
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Available resources at the place we meet in include computer, Internet connection, and Projector. Editors will be in charge of content,Students training will be given at the place agreed, as well as online support. Monetary awards from other sponsors may be awarded toexcellent students.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- the fare of the meeting place 3*200ILS=600ILS
- the fare of Honoring ceremony 1000ILS
- Certificates and certificate holders for participating students: 50*15ILS=750ILS
- Plaques for excellence participating students: 15*50ILS=750ILS
- Plaques for coordinators: 2*50ILS=100ILS
- Mugs for participating students: 50*10ILS=500ILS
- Wikipedia pins: 16*5ILS=80ILS
- Book printing (the Story of Wikipedia): 4*30ILS=120ILS
- Wikimedians of the Levant T-shirts: 50*60ILS=3000ILS
- Stationery: 100ILS