Grants:Project/Rapid/Grants:Project/Rapid/UG LEV/Summer 2019-2020 Education Program in Palestine
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- training and learning contain two program: the first one will be at An-Najah National University in nablus and the second one will be the second edition of the first education program in hebron, which be at ten institutes (one university and nine high schools) will participate in the Wikipedia Education Program: Hebron University, Al-Hussein Secondary School for Boys, Wadad Nasser Al - Din Secondary Girls School, Al - Qadisiyah Elementary School for Girls, Al-Sayeda Sara Secondary School For Girls, Khadija Abdeen Elementary School For Girls, Almaznieh School for Girls, Al - Haja Nazareh Abu Rumaila Elementary School for Boys, Hebron Industrial Secondary School for Boys and Barakat Elementary Shool for Girls.
- There will be a training session for Students, where students will be taught the basics of Wikipedia, and given an overview of the education program. Further training and communication will mainly be held online. and Using Wiki MOOC
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- It was announced on the official page of the Arabic Wikipedia about a month ago from start and these are closed courses, participation will be limited to students enrolled in the courses.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, Editor Wikipedians will introduce the program, and a group of experienced Wikipedians will continually monitor and assist online.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- University students possess the skills necessary for writing papers, and together with the Wikipedia training, and monitoring, they should be able to contribute quality content. As for high school students, they are less equipped, but still have the skills to write good content.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After the end of program, students will be encouraged to continue editing Wikipedia, and to join in Wikimedia activities in Palestine.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of new editors: 50
- Number of of articles created or improved: 70 (Different fields) + 50 Photos upload on wikiCommons
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Available resources at the place we meet in include computer, Internet connection, and Projector. Editors will be in charge of content,Students training will be given at the place agreed, as well as online support. Monetary awards from other sponsors may be awarded toexcellent students.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- the fare of the meeting place 3*200ILS=600ILS
- the fare of Honoring ceremony 1000ILS
- Certificates and certificate holders for participating students: 50*15ILS=750ILS
- Plaques for excellence participating students: 15*50ILS=750ILS
- Plaques for coordinators: 2*50ILS=100ILS
- Mugs for participating students: 50*10ILS=500ILS
- Photography forceremony fee: 200 NIS
- Wikimedians of the Levant T-shirts: 50*60ILS=3000ILS
- Stationery: 100ILS
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!