Grants:Project/Rapid/HakanIST/Turkic Marathon 2020/Report
- Recruit new editors.
- Increase skills for existing editors.
- Add or improve content.
- Popularization of Wikimedia projects among the Turkic community.
- Popularization of Turkic culture.
- Improving content in Turkic Wikipedias.
- Increase in the number of active editors in Turkic Wikipedias.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: ~40-50||Azerbaijani 12
Turkish 24 + 13 more
|More than we expected.|
|Number of new editors: ~10-15||20||Almost same we expected.|
|Number of of articles created or improved:200-250||Azerbaijani 461 new, 9 improved
Bashkir 160 new, 40 improved
Kazakh 9 new, 3 improved
Sakha 328 new, 2 improved
Tatar 8 & 2
Turkish 238 new, 131 improved
Tyvan 51 new
|More than we expected!|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The entire process of preparation and implementation of the contest passed without any problems. Local communities were happy and interested in cooperating with us and holding a competition. No problems were reported during the contest.
- What did not work so well?
- Unfortunately in some of Wikipedias the activity was very low, which didn't give us the opportunity to create more content in them.
- What would you do differently next time?
- I think we should be more active in promoting our marathon next time. This may help us to increase the number and activity of participants.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|#||Category||Description||Unit||cost (GEL)||cost total (USD)|
|1||Prize||Azerbaijan||1||300 $ (USD)||300 $ (USD)|
|Kazakhstan||1||300 $ (USD)||300 $ (USD)|
|Turkey||1||2195 ₺ (TRY)||302 $ (USD)|
|Saha||1||22200 Ruble||316 $ (USD)|
|Baskhir||1||21500 Ruble||305 $ (USD)|
|Tyvan||1||21500 Ruble||305 $ (USD)|
|Uzbek||1||239,89 ₺ (TRY)||33 $ (USD)|
|2||Postal expense||1||32.5 ₺ (TRY)||5 $ (USD)|
|3||Bank fees||Fees for transfers and currency exchange||—||14 $ (USD)|
|Actual cost grand total||1880 $ (USD)|
Total project budget: 2000 $ (USD)
Total amount requested from WMF: 2000 $ (USD)
Total amount received from WMF: 2000 $ (USD)
Total amount spent on the project: 1880 $ (USD)
Do you have any remaining grant funds? 120 $ (USD) in unspent funds, which we would like to use for this grant.