Grants:Project/Rapid/IMD/SWT South Asia 2021/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- We have been able to meet our goals partially. Though we would have liked to conduct more workshops than we did, as originally planned, as far as workshops conducted concerned, they went well. As we have only been able to conduct about 50% of the originally planned workshops, 50% of the planned budget spent.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|10||4||Having started in January 2021, we were able to regularly conduct workshops till April 2021, however, due to second wave of COVID-19 pandemic in India, we had to pause the sessions. Post surge, it has been hard to bring together the organising team to conduct the workshops. The workshops conducted were; "Designing responsive main pages", "Debugging template errors workshop", "Bots workshop", and "Understanding the technical challenges on wikis" (session).|
|75||51||Even though the number workshops were only half as originally planned, the turnout for each of these workshops was good, which helped us meet 70% of this target.|
|8||3||File:SWT South Asia 2021 - Bots workshop.webm|
File:Small wiki toolkits 2021 - Debugging templates workshop.webm
File:Small wiki toolkits 2021 - Designing responsive main pages.webm
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The participant turnout for each workshop/session was better than expected, which maybe have been due to communicating well with the communities and also the choice of topics.
- The idea to get professional support for video editing was helpful as the final videos produced were of better quality, and can be helpful for anyone wishing to learning the topic.
- What did not work so well?
- We wish we were able to organize more workshops as originally planned.
- The follow-up after the workshops did not go as planned.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Organize workshops as a series within a short time span covering a topic completely (for example: bots from beginner to advanced), this will help organizers to plan efforts and to put in more efforts if required than continuously over several months.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|S.No||Expense description||Amount (INR)|
|1||Domain registration and licensing for the User Group||₹5426.93|
|2||Internet stipend to participants to attend workshops||₹1551.00|
|3||Google Workspace maintenance charges||₹9454.16|
|4||Post-production of videos||₹16,000.00|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- Approved funds: ₹72,000 (received ₹71,587 after bank charges)
- Expenses: ₹32,432.09
- Remaining funds: ₹39,154.91
Anything else you want to share about your project?