Grants:Project/Rapid/Icem4k/Art & Feminism Edit-a-thaon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 4 Art + Feminism 2020 Wikipedia and Wikidata editathons will be organized at the University of Zambia
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Through the Wikipidea Zambia Social media channels.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Isaac Kanguya (Icem4k) Facilitator and project lead - An experienced editor on Wikipedia Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons. With some experience in organising Wikimedia events in Zambia.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants are advised to come with their own laptops as some of the computers at the labs are mostly faulty. No technical skills required. We will train them from scratch.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will engage participants on our WhatsApp and Facebook group. We also hold bi-weekly virtual meetups to discuss and address issues around editing and Wikipedia and Wikidata
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is very important to us as Zambians. There is a huge gender gap on Wikipedia. We want to help fix that!.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 4
- Number of participants - 30
- Number of new editors - 20
- Number of of articles created or improved - 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Isaac Kanguya - Project lead
- Imanga - Facilitator and logistics
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
1 USD = 14.65 ZMW as of 15 January 2020 from xe.com
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Events||Venue||4||-||$750||The event will take place at the University of Zambia. We'll have the introduction of art and feminism The Wikimedia Foundation and Wikipedia and it's Sister projects. We shall have a small closing ceremony where we will recognise the top-3 contributors.|
|Branding & Stationaries||T-Shirts/ printing.||5||$20||$100||The t-shirts will be given to the top 3 contributors and also the team organisers|
|Team management||Transport||-||$280||$280||Transportation will be used for the team and also transport the food and the internet just in case the the university doesn't have strong or fast internet. Airtime for organisers during the event.|
|Internet at the events/Airtime||-||-||$220|
|Social Media (Promotion)||5||$20||$75|
|Contingency Amount||$200||Unforeseen expenses|
|Total: USD 1,925 Local currency ZMW 27,870|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support - this will help with the coverage of women in Zambia. ChaloNiZambia (talk) 20:38, 16 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support Celestinesucess (talk) 08:17, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support It's very important to have editathons in the Global South! Contaminadas (talk) 18:25, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Kaizenify (talk) 11:14, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support Endorsed on behalf of Art+Feminism. --Kiraface (talk) 13:25, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support Gkuriger (talk) 14:17, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- It's a direct contribution to bridging the Wikipedia gender gap especially for Zambian content and on a larger scale African content. Imangaa (talk) 14:34, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- endorsed on behalf of Art + Feminism! Elenacmunoz (talk) 21:27, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
- I endorse this project AthinaPetsou (talk) 22:32, 2 February 2020 (UTC)