Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Language Wiktionary Edit a thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: I will recruit new editors to start volunteering work for Igbo Wiktionary and other projects
- Increase skills for existing editors: during this project some existing editors will have opportunity to improve their skill
- Add or improve content: the project will add new content in Igbo Wiktionary
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I will organise 4 edit a thon projects
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I am already telling my friends, neighbours etc about the coming project and many are happy to join. I am also a member of Igbo Wikimedia User Group and many people in the group wants to participate
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- yes. I have many experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event. they include
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- participants have laptops and pads that will be used. all participants are people who had shown interest and knowledge in Igbo language. existing editors who will participate are also skilled.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- we will continue to meet and discuss, chat on facebook, WhatsApp etc
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- the project will largely encourage people to take more interest in the Wikimedia foundation
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4
- Number of participants: 32
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 12
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- 5 Igbo language editors will contribute in the planning and execution of the project
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue = $220 x 4 = $880
- Food and drink = $200 x 4 events = $800
- Internet access: $52 x 4 events = $208
- Miscellaneous supplies (printing of banners, etc.) = $60
Total = 1,948 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I am excited about this project because it will increase content in the Igbo Wiktionary, attract new editors, as well as increase the skills of our Igbo community members. Uzoma 18:57, 7 December 2019 (UTC)
- i totally support this proposal as it will help us increase the content of igbo wiktionary. the untiring effort of this applicant, who is the oldest member of the wiki family that i know, is a source of encouragement to many of us. Obihoja (talk) 15:15, 10 December 2019 (UTC)