Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wikimedians User Group/Asọmpi Ederede Otu Narị
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content on Igbo Wikipedia
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
- Expand skill-sets of existing editors.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus majorly on creation/translation of articles on notable Nigerian women, arts, culture in Igbo language Wikipedia. This contest will enable us increase the number of articles in Igbo Wikipedia while also recruiting more young persons into the fold of Igbo Language editors and sharing knowledge about notable women, Igbo culture and stories to the world.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We would make use of the available of Wikimedia WhatsApp communities that exist across Nigeria, social media platforms and also make use of e-fliers to attract new members.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- It will be point based, the individuals with the highest points in each category will be awarded the prize
The scoring system for the winners would be as follows:
- Five points (5.0) would be awarded for every new article translated
- Two points (2.0) would be awarded for every newly created articles about women in IgboWikipedia.
- One point (1.0) for every quality source or Citation used in an existing Wikipedia article.
- Two points (2.0) for quality (includes using the appropriate intonations, grammar etc.)
The Outreach Dashboard and the hashtag #IgWikiNariChallenge will be used to measure the contributions which will also help us to achieve an excellent Jury procedure.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We do not plan to carry out an in-person event. The event is strictly online.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is a contest that will improve existing Wikimedia communities such as the Igbo Wikimedians User Group Abuja Chapter, Anambra Chapter, Igbo Wikimedians User Group Imo Chapter, several more Wikimedia related clusters in Nigeria and recruit new users. Members of the community will be engaged in tutoring and speaking at virtual Workshops or trainings that will be organized.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants – 30 participants
- Number of articles created or improved – 100 Articles
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Tochiprecious- Project Coordinator, Campaign lead and facilitator.
- Uzoma Ozurumba- Co-coordinator and virtual trainings facilitator
- Onyinyeonuoha- Juror- She will be in charge of result collation and disclosure of Winners.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Internet subscription (For the team members, during the project and post-project for report writing): $370
- Zoom Meeting subscription: $149.90
- Branding and Social media promotion: $200
- Airtime for communication: $100
- Logistics to dispatch prizes: $110
- 1st Prize: Tecno Camon 15 Android phone  $187
- 2nd Prize: Tecno pouvoir 4 android phone  $176.62
- 3rd Prize: Tecno spark 4 android phone  $142.85
- Miscellaneous: $40
- Exchange rate- 1 dollar equals 385 naira
This project will help to enrich Igbo articles and enable members to contribute to Wikipedia!