Grants:Project/Rapid/Igboanude/Female Creators on Igbo Wikipedia
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: I intend to use this opportunity to bring other female retirees like me so that they will start to volunteer
- Increase skills for existing editors: Old editors will participate to train the new editors who will join
- Add or improve content: many new articles will be added
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I will be doing 4 editathon.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will send the information through WhatsApp to many people. I will also announce it in different women groups that I belong including the church women group. I have also put the link to this project in the talk page of Igbo Wikimedia and the Village Pump. The links are as follows https://ig.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okwu_%E1%BB%8Dbanife:Igboanude
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Igbo_Wikimedians_User_Group https://ig.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Nz%E1%BB%8Dr_ogbako 3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Those participants who do not have the required equipment will be provide for while those without enough skills will be guided by older members. There will be trainings during the programme
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will keep in contact with the participants in the different meetings we attend together. WhatsApp groups will also be created.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- No the programme will be online
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- I am also organising this programme in support of the art and feminism campaign. I believe that more should be done to bring up the effort of many creative women and reduce the gap between women and men in Wikipedia
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4
- Number of participants: 6
- Number of new editors: 4
- Number of of articles created or improved: 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 4
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Some participants have the required skills for the programme while some have the equipment.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Data - $150 x 4 months = $600
- Hire of laptops - $25 x 4 participants x 4 events = $400
- Food and Drinks - $170 x 4 events = $680
- Total = $1680
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I have participated in number of edit a thons before with Igboanude and have been moved by her enthusiasm and drive even with her age. I support this project and will like to participate Obihoja (talk) 13:07, 13 January 2021 (UTC)
- I strongly support this application. She has been very encouraging and dedicated. As a female editor, I am also happy to increase information about women in wikipedia Onyenachi64 (talk) 06:48, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Igboanude plays a motherly role to many of us. I am excited that she has decided to contribute in this way. i support strongly and will want to participate Anurikaonu (talk) 16:16, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
- i support this application and will be happy to join in the project Emeana sylvester (talk) 17:47, 17 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support Twinkles042 (talk) 17:24, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Kunokuno (talk) 13:49, 31 January 2021 (UTC)