Grants:Project/Rapid/Igboanude/Pictures and Voice Notes in Igbo Wiktionary
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: We will recruit editors including serving and retired civil servants
- Increase skills for existing editors: the skill of participants will be increased
- Add or improve content: Pictures and voice notes will be added to both Wikimedia Commons and Igbo Wiktionary. Also Igbo Wiktionary will be edited by us during the period
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- we will do 5 editathon
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I provided information about this application in Igbo Wikipedia village pump. the link is https://ig.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Nz%E1%BB%8Dr_ogbako#Improving_the_translation_support_for_the_Igbo_Wikipedia
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will call many people on phone and meet many others
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes. People like User:Chuks Zilo User:Obihoja
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- some people have computers. some do not have and we will provide for them. many participants have the skill. those wo do not have will be coached
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will be in close contact with participants both during and after the events. we will always be talking and encouraging each other
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- I am running an in person event but the participants in each even will be less than 10. The venue will be spacious to meet up the covid 19 requirement
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 5
- Number of participants 40
- Number of new editors: 3
- Number of of articles created or improved: 280
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 4
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have enough time to do the project. many of the participants will also have enough time. i do not expect to receive financial support from any where
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hire of Laptops: 25 X 3 X 5 = 375
- Payment for data:120 X 4 = 480
- Payment for business center for those who will work there: 35 X 3 X 5 = 525
- Food and drinks for those in business center: 20 X 3 X 5 = 300
- Wikipedia souvenir: 80
- Miscellaneous: 40
- Total: 1800 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support Chuks Zilo (talk) 07:28, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- Linking pictures and voice notes is very important in Igbo Wiktionary. I support Hamzabash (talk) 10:59, 17 May 2021 (UTC)
- This project will greatly enrich the information in Igbo Wiktionary. I support Emeana sylvester (talk) 06:59, 29 May 2021 (UTC)