Grants:Project/Rapid/InFormAzioni/Wiki Loves Earth Italy 2019
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This will be the second edition of Wiki Loves Earth in Italy. As the usual format of the contest, it will focus on uploading pictures about natural heritage sites on Commons. For the first edition we focused only on the Alpine area, but this year we will cover the whole Italian territory. It will be important for the Italian community because it will be the first edition that will consider all natural areas of the country and because it will give continuity to the contest.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We are discussing on communication on Wikimedia projects, and outside the projects we are expanding our network of institutions (Ministry of the Environment, Regions, Italian environmental and photographic associations, etc.), magazines and press, that will collaborate in communications. We will continue on using the official website and the Facebook page.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- As the previous edition, we will create a jury made both of Wikipedians/Commoners and nature photographers. We will award 10 pictures, those will participate in the international jury phase.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- After the experience of the previous edition, this year we will focus even more on Wikidata. We are creating the items on the Italian natural areas, and we will connect the most relevant image uploaded for the contest.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: about 1,000
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: between 10k and 15k
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: declaration P18 compiled for at least 50% of the items of the Italian natural areas on Wikidata
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The contest is organized thanks to the voluntary work of the members of InFormAzioni association
- We are searching sponsors to cover other expenses (award ceremony, print of the travelling exhibitions, etc.)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1,500.00 EUR for prizes for the 10 national winners:
- Gift card of Trenitalia of 100.00 EUR from 10th to 4th position (=700.00 EUR)
- Gift card of Trenitalia of 150.00 EUR from 3rd to 1st position (=450.00 EUR)
- Voucher for books purchase of 50.00 EUR from 3rd to 1st position (=150.00 EUR)
- 200.00 EUR for additional costs: printing high quality certificates, shipping certificates and prizes, etc.
- 14.50 EUR for international bank transfer fee
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- We have long thought about how to ensure that the competition is low environmental impact and how to reduce the purchase of consumer products, as the spirit of the contest. So we think that offering a voucher that allow you to travel in the most ecologic way is the best prize that we could offer.