Grants:Project/Rapid/James Moore200/Ilorin Wikimedia Hub Trainings and Edit-A-Thon
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Socailize with community members
- Recruit New Members
- Train how to edit Wikimedia Projects
- Equip existing members about Wikimedia Projects
- Teach the participants the use of Wikidata to create link-data
- Discuss strategic plans for the hub
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Two trainings will take place with an edit-a-thon. My team and I will equip the participants with skills they need to contribute to Wikimedia Projects.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I shared notification with members of the Ilorin Wikimedia Hub and the Nigerian Community respectively.
- With the support of Wikimedians from Wikimedia User Group Nigeria official facebook fan page, Yoruba Wikipedia official facebook fan page, Yoruba Wikipedia Community portal.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We have a communication channel for all participants at the hub on WhatsApp Group
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- If two workshops and an edit-a-thon are organized
- If at least 25 people participants
- If at least 5 new editors are recruited
- if at least 80 articles are created/improved/translated
- if at least 50 WikiData items are added
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I, James Moore200 will lead the project. Coordinated, Wiki Loves Africa and SDGs at Kwara in 2021. Co-organiser, WikiForHumanRights Nigeria and WPWP Campaign at Kwara for 2021.
- Jamie Tubers advisor and Hub Lead, Ilorin Wikimedia Hub and Lead, The AfroCine Project.
- Godstime Elijah The Vice-president, Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin and the project Lead, WPWP 2021 Campaign at Kwara State, Nigeria.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Conference Room/Hall (3days @ $53/day) = $159
- Refreshments (Tea break, and lunch) $5/person x 20 people x 3 Days = $300
- Branding = $85
- Souvenirs for participants & facilitators (Jotters, water bottle etc) = $200
- Internet Subscription (During the project, post-project and for report writing) = $300
- Local Transportation = $75
- Nosemasks and Hand Sanitizer = $20
- Rental = $90
- Airtime for communication = $30
- Prizes for Top 5 Editors = $200
- Contingencies = $80
- Total- $1,539 ; NGN 633,329.28
- Exchange rate used = 411.52/$ (Dollar)