Grants:Project/Rapid/Jaqen/Wiki Weekend in Trento, September 2016
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Socialize with community members
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
I will lead the event. I am an editor since 2006, a sysop on Italian Wikipedian since 2007 and sysop on Wikimedia Commons since 2013.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Partecipants will bring their laptops and cameras. Museums staffers will help with their skills and bring books that can be used as sources.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
Partecipants will be invited to future events in and around Trento. Photos taken at Tridentine Diocesan Museum will be able to partecipate to Wiki Loves Monuments (there will be also a local contest), so they may be contacted if they win!
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 10
- Number of new editors: -
- Number of articles created or improved: 10
- Number of photos uploaded on Commons: 200
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): -
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
I am organizing the event as a volunteer. Tridentine Diocesan Museum and Alpine Botanical Garden will give us a guided tour (in the morning) and space for the edit-a-thon (in the afternoon) for free.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Lunch: 10 partecipants x 2 days x 15 € = 300 €
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Trento always gives excellent opportunities for real life meetings.This time I will not be able to participate, but it's a good idea. Yiyi (talk) 17:40, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- A good opportunity to support the immediate needs of the Italian Wikipedians. --CristianNX (talk)
- It's a great opportunity to improve collaboration between two important institutions in Trentino and Wikipedians --EusebiaP (talk) 20:08, 10 September 2016 (UTC)