The User Group's equipment project has been a rewarding experience. The equipment acquired offered new material capabilities to the User Group. Regarding editorial aspects, the two computers and the camera were used, among other occasions, during Edit-athons (Black Power Editathon & Editathon of the French contribution month), Training sessions (The Wikipedia classes & the WLW project) and during activities of the 2017 Wiki Loves Africa contest.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1000 photos uploaded||+1000 photos uploaded||The photos taken and uploaded as part of the Wiki Loves Africa (2016 & 2017) and Wiki Loves Women projects that focused on the themes of Music, Dance and African women. Some also illustrate the activities of the User Group in 2017.|
|100 photos used on Wikimedia projects||+110 photos reused on Wikimedia projects||These photos on the theme of People at work have been used to illustrate Wikipedia articles in French.|
|50 articles created/improved||76 articles, improved, translated or created||These articles related mainly to African women, as the User Group was engaged in the Wiki Loves Women project.|
|5 new regular contributors||4 new regular contributors||Having computers allowed the members of the User Group to contribute more regularly to the encyclopedia (+5 edits per month), and increased the number of contributions particularly for three of them during the edition parties organized by the User Group.|
|10 new local contributors with + 50 edits||10 new local contributors with + 50 edits||Having computers allowed the members of the User Group to contribute more regularly to the encyclopedia (+5 edits per month), and increased the number of contributions particularly for three of them during the edition parties organized by the User Group.|
- The camera was very useful in covering the activities of the User Group and during the 2017 and through Wiki Loves Photo Contest.
- Uploading images is more successful than editing articles.
- There is more enthusiasm to publish during physical meetings. This is partly due to how expensive access Internet at home is.
- The acquired material fostered the participation and engagement of the User Group members in several activities: Wikimania2017 Application, Wikimooc Certification, Wikimedia 2030 statements summarizing, Black Power edit-athon, Francophone contribution month's edit-athon, Associative Missions (3rd General Assembly, Wiki Mousso, the local version of Wiki Loves Women, Wikimedia 2030, and Budgets).
|Designation||Amount (X0F)||Designation||Amount (XOF)|
(Office Equipment for UG CI)
|612 664||02/10/2017||Two laptops :
HP 11,6” and DELL 15,6”
|Total||612 664||Total||640 000|
|Debit balance||27 336||The additional XOF 27,336 were provided by the treasury of Wikimedia Côte d’Ivoire||Credit balance||-|
|Total Amount||640 000||Total amount||640 000|
- "Wikimedia Community User Group Côte d'Ivoire/Reports/Semi-Annual report (November 2016 - April 2017) - Meta". meta.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2018-01-03.