Grants:Project/Rapid/Kid Keen 47/Photowalk on Shere Hill Ushafa Dam and Environs/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? No, the goals were not met and I am not fully satisfied with how the project. This is because there were clashes between farmers and herdsmen in some of the communities where we were to cover in the photowalk. this delayed the project and at the end of the day we still could not cover some areas.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants 7||12|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 210||175||The crises between herdsmen and farmers in some localities made it impossible for us to cover some areas.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? Getting full participation from the editors.
- What did not work so well? Local crises in some communities in Plateau State Nigeria made it too risky
to visit all the areas targeted.
- What would you do differently next time? i will watch study and access the security situation of the locations before I propose any project that will need going to the local environments that is out of the cities
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
NGN Exchange rate is $1=NGN 396.4
- Renting of 4 cameras = $280 (NGN 110,992)
- Payment of local transport fare to participants = $810 (NGN 299,214)
- Food and Drink during each of the Photowalk = $510 (NGN 202,164)
- payment for data for the participants during edit a thon = $140 (NGN 55,496)
- Total = $1740 (NGN 689,736)
Do you have any remaining grant funds? Yes. $120
I will like to spend the remaining fund on a new project. However, there was a $30 that was remaining in my hand in another project which I also want to spend in my next project. If keeping this one is not allowed, I can also return the money
Anything else you want to share about your project? Even though the project was fun it turned out to be more risky than we expected. The security situation delayed this project which made me ask for more time. This also lead to increased expenses in transportation and food. However, we still made some saving in transportation and camera because we could not visit all the targeted locations