Grants:Project/Rapid/Krishna Chaitanya Velaga/IMLD-ODD 2018 Wikidata India Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We'll be doing one online edit-a-thon for one complete week (starting from 21 February 2018 [International Mother Language Day] to 3 March 2018 [Open Data Day])
- The grant will support three community led outreach activities (including physical edit-a-thons, training sessions) focused on Wikidata.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The community will be notified through mailing lists, social media channels, and the members of WikiProject India on Wikidata shall be notified.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- All the existing editors, and new editors, will be made sure to become part of WikiProject India on Wikidata, and be followed upon.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Following the above mentioned series of workshops by Asaf Bartov, the Indian community witnessed a great level of activity of Wikidata. Also WikiProject India that has been formed on Wikidata was a result of these workshops. Post these, a couple short individual edit-a-thon were organized by Titodutta (can be seen here and here). So to increase the community capacity even further, this idea of a week long editing campaign has been put forward during TTT 2018, and took shape along.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of outreach activities: 4
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of new editors to Wikidata: 25
- Number of of Wikidata items created or improved: 2000
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The project is being supported by WikiProject India on Wikidata, Centre for Internet & Society - Access to Knowledge, Punjabi Wikimedians & West Bengal Wikimedians
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Budget breakdown S.No Details of the expense Amount (INR) 1 Outreach activity 1 ₹15,000 2 Outreach activity 2 ₹15,000 3 Outreach activity 3 ₹15,000 4 Outreach activity 4 ₹10,000 Outreach activities total = ₹55,000 4 Prizes for top ten performers ₹6,000 5 Certificates for top twenty performers ₹500 7 Wikidata stickers and merchandise ₹500 8 Logistics (Shipping and related expenses) ₹1,500 Campaign expenses total = ₹8,500 Unforeseen expenses ₹6,500 Grand total ₹70,000
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!