Grants:Project/Rapid/Lokesha Kunchadka/Karavali Folklore Photowalk
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Upload photos of Karavali Folklore of India in Wiki Media Commons.
- Engage existing editors.
- Build collaboration with Educational institutions.
- Improve the Quality of images.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- We are planning to cover Coastal en:Karnataka called en:Tulunadu is one of the cultural regions which is special in many ways. This is a miniature India where different religions and communities co-exist. They relate to the life and culture of the region and are inextricably linked with the tradition and culture of the region. They take us into a complex world of rituals, beliefs, practices, customs, traditions, and entertainment. Therefore, it is imperative to understand their meaning, nature, structure, and subject- matter in order to understand their function in a traditional Tuluva society. will be covered through tours
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The photo walk will be focused to click the photos of Folk Costumes/Clothing, Folk Music, Folk Festival, Folk Dance, Folklore People, and Activities
. The walk is important because there are numerous stub articles about the Folk Article in Kannada and Tulu Wikipedia. We will also collect reliable cited information from authors about the institution Professors and improve the article on Wikipedia.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- We are quite sure because we already have the plan to run Edit-a-thon to use those images on both Wikipedia's.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute to high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, we will only include those participants who have at least a camera to photograph the various subject.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will try our best to collaborate with future Wiki media activities.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants during post Edit-a-thon: 10 to 20
- Number of photos uploaded to Wiki media Commons: 500+
- Number of photos used on Wiki media projects: 150+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Professional Camera and experienced editor.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Si No||Detail||Amount in INR|
|1||Folk A thon -1(Karkala Taluq,Udupi Dist)||34,600|
|2||Folk A thon -2(Belthangadi Taluq, Dakshina Kannada Dist)||26,100|
|3||Folk A thon -3 (Out Side Of Karanataka) Kasaragod Dist, Kerala||25,100|
|4||Folk A thon -4(Puttur Taluq , Dakshina Kannada Dist)||27,800|
|5||Edit Athon (Mangalore)||19,500|
|7||Total in INR||1,37,800|
|8||Total in USD||1997.10|
- Detailed budget is available in a Google spreadsheet Here
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Looks interesting, ,This coastal region has reach in unique folklore, most of dance, rituals, customs were not yet documented. So this project give filip to tulunadu.My strong support --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 14:38, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support••★ Anoop✉ 05:55, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support...I support. Very good program. This is needy. Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 06:00, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Ashay vb (talk)
- Support I Support this project-Vinoda mamatharai (talk) 07:06, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Photo's are required for articles on folk-arts of South India. Photo-walk is essential.--Kavitha G. Kana (talk) 11:06, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support I Supports --Babitha managalore (talk) 05:22, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support I Support --Costal region has unique and very rich folklore like folk dance, rituals, customs. But these are not documented properly. So this project is necessary to document folklore of tulunadu. So I strongly support thisKishorekumarrai (talk) 05:37, 20 February 2020 (UTC)
- Benet G Amanna